Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

How long would you last sitting at this table?
1. Long enough to last through desert. 65%  65%  [ 15 ]
2. Long enough to sit through the main course. 9%  9%  [ 2 ]
3. The appetizer is as far as I would go. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
4. Just before they started saying grace. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
5. I'd find an excuse to excuse myself before they started. 13%  13%  [ 3 ]
6. Forget it. My name wouldn't even be on the guest list. 13%  13%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 23

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2012, 4:35 am

Are they even using cutlery? I wouldn't be able to eat with them due to my extreme social anxiety.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2012, 4:57 am

Probably a long time, because it looks rather calm and quite posh. It's even nicer if you're having a meal with friends or relatives you haven't seen for years and you're catching up.

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2012, 5:39 am

Am I guest at this table with this family of 4? I can't see this happening, without me being invited along with my family. It looks perfect, until you introduce my daughter. She will not sit still to eat and is unlikely to eat anything that has not been vetted first. I would spend the whole meal being embarrassed and asking her to sit down. And the mother would be looking at me with disgust, because I appear to have not taught my daughter table manners. If I'm there without my family, it would be lovely, but sad because it's very rare for this to be the scene in my own home. If I know and like the family, it would be lovely. If not, then it would be just odd and uncomfortable. How can you have a getting to know you conversation with adults, when their kids are there and needing their attention?

Am I the Mum? This is how I envisaged dinner time with my family, just perfect.