Page 3 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Embertayle
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Sep 2012, 3:02 pm

I've had IBS symptoms for about four years now.

Major changes in my diet, eating too much, and being under stress aggravate it.

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 4:20 am

Surfman wrote:
I'm often mistaking Northern Europeans for celtic tribes, some Welsh and Cornwallians look spanish
I'm one of those Celtic folk that looks more Southern European than Northern (like Tom Jones or Catherine Zeta Jones). On my travels around Europe, I'd say the place where I'm least likely to look like a foreigner is Portugal, although I've seen similar faces and colouring to mine in Wales, Ireland and Cornwall too and I never feel different looking there, in the way I do at home. I don't look very typically Scottish, but I do think I'm probably similar to how an ancient Briton mght have looked, i.e. before the Vikings, Anglo Saxons, etc, arrived. According to a Neil Oliver documentary I watched, which involved a massive genetic study, the people of the western parts of the British Isles are more closely related to those of the western fringes of mainland Europe (Portugal and NW Spain) than they are to those on the east of the British Isles.

playgroundlover
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Sep 2012, 10:00 pm

I get frequently constipated. I have gone 3 days without pooping before for lack of a better way to say it. When I go, it usually comes out as just a few mere pebbles. When it comes out, I have to push really hard and sometimes it burns. I've found that drinking prune juice greatly helps as long as you monitor how much you're drinking and how fast because sometimes I drink a lot fast and I get the runs and really bad aching cramps. So, just make sure you drink like a cup often and it really works. You may not like the taste of the prune juice alone so you can mix it with another juice and ween yourself down to regular prune juice. I mix mine with orange juice. You can mix it with whatever other juice you like though. I started with a little prune juice and a lot of orange juice about 30% prune : 70% orange but now I'm up to 90% prune juice : 10% orange. Like I said it works like a charm.

invisiblesilent
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2012, 10:21 pm

Mummy_of_Peanut wrote:
Surfman wrote:
I'm often mistaking Northern Europeans for celtic tribes, some Welsh and Cornwallians look spanish
I'm one of those Celtic folk that looks more Southern European than Northern (like Tom Jones or Catherine Zeta Jones). On my travels around Europe, I'd say the place where I'm least likely to look like a foreigner is Portugal, although I've seen similar faces and colouring to mine in Wales, Ireland and Cornwall too and I never feel different looking there, in the way I do at home. I don't look very typically Scottish, but I do think I'm probably similar to how an ancient Briton mght have looked, i.e. before the Vikings, Anglo Saxons, etc, arrived. According to a Neil Oliver documentary I watched, which involved a massive genetic study, the people of the western parts of the British Isles are more closely related to those of the western fringes of mainland Europe (Portugal and NW Spain) than they are to those on the east of the British Isles.

I also have one of those complexions. My ancestry is Irish, Welsh and Scottish. I have dark skin compared to most white people and brown hair and facial hair. I tan super quickly and go really dark. I never require sunblock in the UK - as an adult I've never been sunburned here - maybe a slight reddening on my nose at worst (yes I know I should still wear it). My grandfather who was Irish (and who judging by appearance (he looked *very* similar to me at my age) and complexion I have acquired a good number of genes from) was the same but darker - in the summer he could have sometimes been mistaken for an Indian.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2012, 3:26 am

The Brits genetic diversity must be a real asset in terms of varied gene pool. Must be quite a few ADHDers who settled there, on the run, pioneering seamen and adventurers....

The Dutch which my Dads side have been for 5ish or more generations.... had many pirates go upriver to hide away, and hence now their tobacco alcohol and drug interests.... cosmopolitan and progressive policy, as well as a parallel backward Luddite orthodoxy that settled in Africa and around the world.

I cant speak highly enough of regular parasitic control, starting with a real big one, for your first time.... just get ready for clarity and energy if you were previously full of bugs

50% of kiwi kids have pin worms[thread worms] they can survive solely within 1 human host, keep living for decades, a common intestinal roundworm....

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2012, 1:13 pm

invisiblesilent wrote:
Mummy_of_Peanut wrote:
Surfman wrote:

I also have one of those complexions. My ancestry is Irish, Welsh and Scottish. I have dark skin compared to most white people and brown hair and facial hair. I tan super quickly and go really dark. I never require sunblock in the UK - as an adult I've never been sunburned here - maybe a slight reddening on my nose at worst (yes I know I should still wear it). My grandfather who was Irish (and who judging by appearance (he looked *very* similar to me at my age) and complexion I have acquired a good number of genes from) was the same but darker - in the summer he could have sometimes been mistaken for an Indian.
My gran's parents came from the NE of Scotland. She was very dark and could have been mistaken for Indian, quite easily. As far as I know, she was just Scottish, with no Asian ancestry and she wasn't unusual for someone from there. My ancestry, as far as I know, is Scottish and Irish and little bit English.

megahertz
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Sep 2012, 7:49 am

Wow, you know where your grandparents came from! I don't know much about my family, but all of us are tiny and pale and we had typical German last names for at least three generations. As far as I know, none of my relatives was taller than 165cm and darker than "dark blonde" - maybe this could mean our ancestors came from scandinavia, the region known for its accumulation of genetic carriers of narcolepsy and celiac... :twisted:

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2012, 2:34 am

I've quit bread!
Feels nervous, man I have eaten some bread in my life.
Loved the stuff. Maybe I will reintroduce bread, oats or barley at a later date.

More bananas, potatoes and yams, rice and cous cousy things... i think... more starchy vegetables like carrots

My guts are great, walking 10km plus per day, eating very hot thai vegetable soup everyday

No more bread!

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2012, 4:26 pm

Irulan wrote:
I very often have diarrhoea attacks for the last year :( I had gastroscopy, I saw a healer about this - nothing helped. I even once had an unexpected attack at the graveyard, when I went there. Even before, I didn't have a good stomach, but now it's a tragedy :? I have diarrhoea attacks like once every two weeks, regardless of what I eat, before it was twice or thrice a year.

It's much better now and you know what has helped me? Moonshine. 4 sips every day on an empty stomach.

emimeni
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2012, 10:03 pm

I often have diarrhea. It can be very, very explosive or urgent (like I won't be able to stand in line for a public restroom). Sometimes, if I eat hard to digest food, it can be a trigger. Other times, it seems to be triggerless. :roll:

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2012, 10:14 pm

I've got IBS ,Doctor ordered a colonoscopy to make sure nothing else was happening.I have trouble with fatty foods,MSG,and I'm now wondering about gluten and dairy,I may try to eliminate those and see what happens(or better yet,what dos'nt happen.)I'm mostly Scotch-Irish and I have the black hair and olive skin,wonder if it is genetic?

whirlingmind
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2012, 8:58 am

bombergal wrote:
Have any of you had bad digestion problems chronically? Without going into too much specifics, I've had chronic bloating and constipation ever since my childhood as well as some immunity problems. I know there's a link between our digestive problems and autism but I'm not sure how it affects our brains.

Anyone else have this? I read somewhere that 9 out of 10 people with autism have this, so I think we're close to finding the cause of our problems!

Yes. IBS, acid reflux (weak stomach muscle - which both my children who are being assessed for AS also both have). food intolerances etc. etc.

DX AS & both daughters on the autistic spectrum

Amori
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Oct 2012, 3:45 pm

I've had IBS for years and was last year diagnosed wheat and gluten intolerant. I also take digestive enzymes. I've read a lot of articles that point to towards people with aspergers/autism having stomach disorders and also suggests avoiding dairy as well. I have felt a lot better since avoiding the offending foods although I still find it hard ..the smell of freshly baked bread is a real test. I have tried buying gluten free food but it is so expensive so I now resort to making everything fresh as far as I can afford to.