Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 6:00 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Probably. I joke about anything like word play, jokes about autism, and I have a natural sense of humor. People find me funny nonetheless. I find people fail to laugh at my humor when I try to be funny intentionally but when I don't even try, people find me funny.

I also love my husband's humor and it's also word play. My favorite one is when I told him I got him a stroller. He said "I won't fit in it." I took him seriously and he told me it was a joke. He also jokes about having two kids instead of one. Gosh no wonder four kids is too much for him, he'd ended up with five kids. :lol: But we can't afford that many anyway and have no room for all four. Now he can joke about having enough kids in the house; my dad, me and our son.

Sometimes the Missus and i are on the same wavelength. I'll ask what she'd like for supper, and she'll say "make me some chicken alfredo." I'll turn around, wave the spatula and say "POOF you're chicken alfredo."
She laughs.

Kiseki
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2012, 12:14 am

Yes! I also (apparently) have a very inappropriate sense of humor where I think it's okay to joke about things I shouldn't discuss in public :oops: I think I use words too poetically as well. People think it's odd, but cute.

jagatai
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2012, 12:44 am

I write stories and I make films that I think are goofy and fun. Most people read or watch them and just seem baffled and not sure how to respond. I'm guessing there isn't a whole lot of mass market potential for what I do.

Here's one video I did recently... I'd be curious to hear if people think this is funny, not funny, weird or conventional... I really can't tell.

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=Nawzx-R1kgM[/youtube]

Here's another

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=q7WOXD3hMnc[/youtube]

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2012, 1:45 am

My sense of humor today:

My husband works on my computer. He installs a new anti virus program and removes two others. The background I had on my computer disappears and so do all my passwords I had stored away. I get back on it when he is done to check it out. I over hear him talking to my mother downstairs. Then he comes back up and I asked him what was he and mom talking about. He tells me that I always get upset after he works on my computer and I always find something to get upset about. I say I am still looking for something to get upset about.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Kai_Bliss
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Sep 2012, 9:26 am

I can dish it out but can't take it.

Buttoneater
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Sep 2012, 11:08 am

My jokes have been mistaken more than once as me threatening to commit suicide, so I'd have to say my sense of humor is at least a touch different from the mainstream.

edit: On the other hand I've heard "Dude, you should be a comic!" more than once. Exactly once more than once to be specific.

Last edited by Buttoneater on 23 Sep 2012, 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

23 Sep 2012, 1:49 pm

Guilty as charged. Eeyup. :D

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Torchlight
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Sep 2012, 2:26 pm

My humour really evolves around stand up and timeless classics like Dad's Army. I also have a very dark humour.

Alfonso12345
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Sep 2012, 8:27 pm

I do have a very strange sense of humor and always have. When I was younger, I used to unintentionally annoy kids at my school by saying random stuff that I thought was funny, out loud, to make myself laugh. I got called a lot of names and was teased a lot as a result. I don't do that in public or around others anymore, but when I am alone, I do it and I do it quietly so no one can hear me.

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2012, 9:46 pm

I don't know but I do little to tease people alot does that count as ''strange humor''

Falloy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Sep 2012, 8:27 am

My sense of humour has always been daft and surreal. I grew up with things like The Goon Show*, Monty Python, Tex Avery cartoons, Father Ted etc. I like playing with ideas, messing about with reality. I think it's rather a child-like humour.

I can usually make people laugh if they are on the same wavelength.

I've never enjoyed really cruel humour. Angry comedians like Bill Hicks do nothing for me (I knew he's considered a comedy god by many).

Comedies involving relationships or social awkwardness just make me uncomfortable.

*A quick example of what makes me laugh from The Goons: baby Neddy has been kidnapped and his distraught parents offer a reward of three shillings a pound for his return. Keen to maximise their returns the kidnappers start feeding Neddy up on "heavy" foods like roast mountain and cement pudding. Wonderful silliness!

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2012, 5:01 pm

My sense of humor is very juvenile. I laugh at fart jokes and jokes with a lot of swearing or other crudeness in them. For examples of comedy that I enjoy, see Louis CK and Daniel Tosh.

Theodiskaz
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

14 Nov 2016, 1:54 pm

Greetings. I am 54 just diagnosed as. Language and linguistics is my special interest. Questioning diagnosis. keep searching "Asperger's and (anything that pops into my head).

I like extremely dry wit. I like british humor. I would sometimes almost choked to death in spasms of laughter watching Benny Hill. I got Get Smart after puberty. I cannot tell jokes or remember any other than my two favourite. If I may, what do any of you make of this:

So these two penguins are standing on an iceberg. One penguin says to the other: You look like you're wearing a tuxedo. The other penguin replies: Who says I'm not?

Do you get it? I can explain it, if you want. (and even if you don't) :lol:

S. Dana Johnson