Anyone remember really embarrassing things from their past?

Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

JDizz
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Oct 2012, 4:14 am

I was recently just thinking back to my grade school/middle school days and remembered a event from middle school that was horribly embarrassing at the time. I recalled playing frisbee golf in P.E. with a group of people whom i didn't know and one of the girls in the group was asking me questions about friends because i was new. I then revealed i had no friends and she ended up saying she would be my friend (I then took this the wrong way and assumed she was my girlfriend, though i have no idea why.) So after the class ended I went to my next class where i saw a old friend and told him my assumption. He didn't believe me and said he was going to ask her if this was true. So the next day I saw my old friend and found out it definitely wasn't true. I don't remember how i responded to this the only other thing pertaining to this event i can recall is not really speaking to anyone at school for about a month until i made a new friend. When i look back i find this quite funny simply because it was quite ridiculous of me to assume that she was my gf simply because she was speaking to me and offering to be my friend lol.

And btw i am not diagnosed with anything in the autism spectrum but after much reflecting i'm pretty sure i am a aspie. : )

BanjoGirl
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2012, 6:17 am

I only feel embarrassment after a couple of months after the "embarrasing incident". This is a good thing because this way I can take initiatives and a bad thing because I get a lot of embarrassing moments.

The only situation I remember I was embarrassed at the same moment of the "incident" was when I was 15. I was on this village near the sea, in the Netherlands. There were a lot of fishermen on that place. I was always walking around and the weather was cold, as we were in winter.

I met that "fisherboy", he was very friendly. Last day I stayed in the country I went to the port to declare myself (I knew it couldn't work but I HAD to declare myself --> this HAD is the reason why I have so much embarrassment moments). The port was full of these small fisher boats. His boat was really far, to get it I had to jump from boat to boat. It was not easy, my coat was full of feather so my movements were restricted. I arrived there while he was cleaning the boat and I gave him my telephone. Well I was rejected because he said he was not interested (he said it politely) so I had to... come back to the port. I had to jump again from boat to boat, but now he was observing me. The deck of the boats was wet, so I lost my balance and sliped. My hypermegacoat didn't help either. Well it was a good shock-absorber.

KnarlyDUDE09
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2012, 6:24 am

I remember trying to limb over a wooden fence in primary school, whist wearing my long school kilt...I then remember getting halfway over the fence, jumping down and then hearing my skirt "split"- rather loudly too, might I add. The split was so large that my underwear was exposed. :oops:

YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNjuB4 ... WnSA552Xjg

JDizz
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Oct 2012, 6:45 am

BanjoGirl wrote:
I only feel embarrassment after a couple of months after the "embarrasing incident".

I'm the same way sometimes.

Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2012, 8:08 am

Went ice skiing and fell flat on my face just as I became comfortable and confident that I can ski.

Ria1989
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Oct 2012, 9:24 am

In middle school, one of my teachers yelled at a fellow classmate and me for flirting, and in turn disrupting class. Now that's embarrassing in middle school, especially when I was pretty unkown and he was popular, so I'm sure he was even more embarrassed!

raydon
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Oct 2012, 10:54 am

I was on holiday with my parents, must have been about 5 years old. I walked into the dining room and stood looking to see where my family was. I heard a loud snap and few people started laughing. I then realised my shorts were around my ankles, the elastic had broken :oops:

onks
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Oct 2012, 11:13 am

I just cannot forget them
I'd hope I could.

Usually I can sort out what went wrong, but quite often I cannot figure it out, because it is impossible.
Those ones are really frustrating because so useless altogether

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2012, 12:43 pm

I feel embarrassed about a lot of thing I have done in the past, but there is one thing I did do that I really frown upon now, and I ended up feeling like a typical Autistic person, not just a mild Aspie with normal self-awareness like I have always been except from this one week.

I was 14 years old, and really wanted to make new friends because the other girls in my class did not like having me around. So I decided to get friendly with 6 girls who always hung about together and were all in the same class. Their classroom was next door to my classroom, and they were in the same year (grade) as me, so I recogised their faces, although they didn't really know who I was. I tried talking to them and they talked back, then I started sitting near them at lunchtimes, and I really thought I had made some new friends because they were quite talkative, but really they were just being polite because they weren't the type to bully people. But at the end of the week they crept off and told on me. I followed them to the office, and they went into the office but I knew I shouldn't follow them in there so I waited outside for them. Deep down I guessed what they were trying to do, but I didn't want to believe it (back then I was quite an optimistic thinker, quite the opposite to what I am now, maybe it's because I've learned too many lessons!) They then crept out of a door round the other side of the office, and then a woman came out and figured I was the one they told on, and she took me in and had a word with me. When I came back out, I kind of didn't feel any emotion at all, I just carried on my normal day, just feeling slightly annoyed at the girls for doing that and making me feel a fool.

Normally I would of reacted to that, even when I was a lot younger than 14, but that moment I didn't. I was kind of oblivious to everything, as though I was having an ''Autistic week'' (being more Autistic than what I originally am). And each time I remember that day, I think, ''tsk, I had more sense than that, why didn't I stand up for myself? Why did I even begin to follow them in the first place? I knew they didn't really want me there, so what was the matter with me?''

God, I feel embarrassed about that! :oops:

outofplace
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2012, 12:59 pm

Sometimes I beat myself up over things that happened 20+ years ago. The other parties likely do not remember the incident and sometimes the people involved are not even among the living anymore but I just can't help it.

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2012, 2:46 pm

I seem to be unable to forget a single embarrassing incident. I remember times when I've misheard/misunderstood someone's question and given them a long winded answer to the question I thought they asked. I've never known it for anyone to correct me. It might be the next day before I've realised what they actually meant. When something like that happends, I won't ever forget it and it will pop into my mind, for no reason whatsoever.

Sanctus
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2012, 2:56 pm

Looots of embarassing memories.

One of them is a bit disgusting: In elementary school we sometimes went swimming in PE. So on one of those days all of us girls were in the changing room and there was some kind of drain in the middle of the floor. I, being a social imbecile, told everyone how I had to pee (which of course caused quite some amusement) and one of the girls told me I should just pee into that drain thing.

a bad thing to tell an Aspie who assumes that everything NTs tell her to do is honest and socially acceptable.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2012, 9:18 pm

There was this one time when I was 8 and I was at my aunts and uncles house at Christmas. I was talking to everyone and being hyper, than I went to lean my arm on the kitchen counter. I didn't know that my uncle's Polaroid camera was there, and I leaned on it by accident. A closeup of my arm and half of my face came out of the camera. I showed it to him and apologized to him for the next 10 minutes. He decided to pass it around the room. I never did that again.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2012, 11:30 pm

i remember when i was in the first grade i was walking back indoors from recess when some bullies cornered me and started harrassing me, so for some reason something made me just drop my pants. then the bullies were repelled by this and they said words to the effect of "man, that kid's queer, let's get out of here!" - the most embarrassing thing for me was that my sister was looking out the window at the time and saw the whole thing happening, so she was embarrassed also. :oops:

Logicalmom
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2012, 11:37 pm

In grade one, I stood and peed myself in front of the bus driver. It was a harsh Canadian winter and I was stuck out at the stop needing to 'go'. Well, at least I was still outside the bus when it happened and he told me to go home and change. He went up the road for some other kids and came back for me. I also snorted chocolate milk out my nose when someone made me laugh at the lunch table in grade two. I'm sure I can keep going year by year, but that's enough :lol:

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2012, 11:37 pm

I walked out of my college dorm room with the back of skirt trapped in my panties, so much was showing. A guy down the hall clearly saw it and smiled at me. I should have felt moar embarassed than I did, but it wasn't that bad ackshuly, just a little wardrobe malfunction.