What was your first special interest?

Page 5 of 7 [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2012, 11:56 pm

The universe (pretty broad, isn't it? ;))

outofplace
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2012, 1:30 am

2wheels4ever wrote:
outofplace wrote:

My first TV show obsession was "The Dukes of Hazzard". For me, it wasn't about the characters, the horrible plots/acting, or even Daisy Duke in her...Daisy Dukes (I was a bit young to be affected by that). No, for me it was about a Vitamin C Orange 1969 Dodge Charger flying through the air at least once a week, running from a Dodge Monaco cop car.

There was that, and "BJ and The Bear" which was a couple of years before Dukes. It dovetailed with my interest in trucks. "The A-Team" - come on, who couldn't like improvised weapons and escape plots every week? Not to mention the contextual theme of justice in every episode

Books, cats, werewolves, electric guitars, CB radios and tape recorders are my earliest interests

I pity the fool who doesn't remember the A-Team! It seems like that time period was a high point for shows with vehicular focuses. Magnum P.I. had his Ferrari 308, Hardcastle and Mc Cormic had that VW based kit car thing, Riptide had the old WWII helicopter and the 58 Corvette, and who could ever forget Knight Rider and K.I.T.T.?

BenPritchard
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Oct 2012, 1:53 am

StarTrekker wrote:
BenPritchard wrote:
MrStewart wrote:
Dinosaurs.

I had a special interest in Dinosaurs as well. I believe it started in watching a BBC Documentary called Walking With Dinosaurs which I still enjoy today.

That's a fantastic program, I'm obsessed with dinosaurs at the moment and I love that film :D I also have the one that came after it called Walking with Prehistoric Beasts

Oh yeah that was great as well.

iSpy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Oct 2012, 3:07 am

It's been Earthquakes all my life and still is. :)

Did you know that the next big Earthquake in the U.S maybe "not" be in CA?
Did you know that the next big Earthquake in the U.S has a 62% chance of happen now and a 90% chance of happen by 2040.
The New Madrid Fault line is long overdue.

Shellfish
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Oct 2012, 3:13 am

For DS it was letters and numbers from 2-3, after that it was Toy story, then batman, now Super Mario Bros - he goes through them pretty quickly

nikkiDT
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Oct 2012, 3:55 am

Barbies and Care Bears. I loved those things. :)

Sagroth
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2012, 5:06 am

Dinosaurs for sure.

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2012, 5:21 am

I don't really remember anymore, but I did developed late special interessts. When I was highly autistic as a little child, I didn't really have any.

Yes, also dinosaurs and there was a set to construct animal sceletons and other stuff out of wood, I liked that and my first real strong special interesst was religion.

Last edited by Raziel on 11 Oct 2012, 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

JDizz
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Oct 2012, 5:47 am

My first special interest was Dinosaurs after watching The Land Before Time movies, apparently after a while i was able to name every single dinosaur just by looking at it and knew whether or not it was a carnivore or a herbivore. But before this i would name them off based on terms used in the movie (triceratops were three horns and a Brachiosaurus was a long neck lol.). I was recently told at the time of my interest with dinosaurs I wouldn't eat chicken so to entice me into eating it I was told it was dinosaur meat :). Then my interest turned to pokemon and I learned to read specifically to play Pokemon Blue Version so i could know what I was doing. Also it turned out at the time i didn't know pokemon were fictional and my mom recently told me about a event where I came up and told her I was going to bury a C.D. outside and it would turn into a Pokemon (I believe i was four or five at the time.) The only rational way I can explain the link between C.D.'s and Pokemon is probably the t.v. show Monster Rancher In witch C.D.s play some part in creating monsters or something like that lol.

JellyCat
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Oct 2012, 9:43 am

Teletubbies :D.

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2012, 10:00 am

iSpy wrote:
It's been Earthquakes all my life and still is. :)

Did you know that the next big Earthquake in the U.S maybe "not" be in CA?
Did you know that the next big Earthquake in the U.S has a 62% chance of happen now and a 90% chance of happen by 2040.
The New Madrid Fault line is long overdue.

Isn't that the one in/near Alabama?

holdonyoungster
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Oct 2012, 10:21 am

BenPritchard wrote:
StarTrekker wrote:
BenPritchard wrote:
MrStewart wrote:
Dinosaurs.

I had a special interest in Dinosaurs as well. I believe it started in watching a BBC Documentary called Walking With Dinosaurs which I still enjoy today.

That's a fantastic program, I'm obsessed with dinosaurs at the moment and I love that film :D I also have the one that came after it called Walking with Prehistoric Beasts

Oh yeah that was great as well.

Dinosaurs was one of my special interests by about age six. I am now taking a class at uni about dinosaurs and it is very helpful to have this previous information.

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2012, 11:25 am

I would have to take an educated guess and determine it would have to likely be cats. Even when I was 2-3 years of age, I seemed to like cats and always wanted to pet/play with them (or so I have been told).

Sanctus
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2012, 11:30 am

Dolphins. As a child (maybe from 7 to 12) I LOVED dolphins. I had something I called "dolphin map" in which I collected anything that had a dolphin on it. :D

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

11 Oct 2012, 11:31 am

Horses. :roll: :lol:

Kairi96
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Oct 2012, 11:34 am

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
Horses. :roll: :lol:

They were my second interest.