Were you bullied in high school, if so, what was it like?

Page 1 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

AJ89
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Oct 2012, 1:27 am

I was quiet, kept to myself, and generally stayed out of other people's business but despite that I was bullied nearly every day in high school. When people bullied me I did not get give them any satisfaction by getting upset but that didn't really help with that. One time a group of four people started physically harassing me and people just walked by and laughed at me and didn't try to help me at all. I did one time stand up to a bully. I walked up to someone who was shouting insults at me and he looked terrified when I approached him so I started laughing at him. That guy never bothered me again.

I also find it fascinating that I was at the same high school for four years and hardly any people were friendly to me yet any new student makes more friends in a single day than I ever did in four years.

I really did not like high school...

What was your experience like?

Logicalmom
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2012, 1:41 am

Well, I was called 'stuck up' as I was so socially awkward and quiet. I had offers every day to have the **** kicked out me. I was cornered at the lockers and in the bathrooms. I had my purse ripped from my arm - a crocheted purse my grandmother made me. I was ridiculed for the way I dressed. I endured a lot of name calling. Etcetera.

outofplace
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2012, 1:55 am

I will just call it hell on Earth and leave it at that.

ColdBlooded
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2012, 2:08 am

I hated high school with a passion, but i don't remember ever being bullied... Although there is a very distinct possibility that if i was bullied i may not have noticed. I wasn't exactly all that in tune to what my peers around me were doing.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2012, 2:16 am

Mine started in elementary school and not only by my fellow students.

In elementary school, if I remember correctly, it was the elementary school principal who made me fight in front of the entire class in the city park in the 4th or 5th grade.

In high school, it included a teacher who was trying to flunk me out of his class. It felt good years later when we were both considered for a job and I got it instead of him.

lonelyguy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Oct 2012, 2:25 am

:evil: :evil: I got bullied something rotten at high school...was kicked punched by the regular thugs,my head shoved down the toilet,even neary got stabbed..and had to change schools all the time ..all because i did not fit in..i tell you what! they would not try that now!
I think what they did to me effected me as an adult..i now hate most people sadly! :evil:

lonelyguy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Oct 2012, 2:25 am

:evil: :evil: I got bullied something rotten at high school...was kicked punched by the regular thugs,my head shoved down the toilet,even neary got stabbed..and had to change schools all the time ..all because i did not fit in..i tell you what! they would not try that now!
I think what they did to me effected me as an adult..i now hate most people sadly! :evil:

rpcarnell
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Oct 2012, 2:27 am

Let's just say, I was bullied in primary school, high school, and then teased a lot in college, almost nearly bullied, and people in the university constantly asked me to slow down. I was too hyper, I had to slow down.

I have always been afraid of being bullied again like I was in the past, so I stick to myself. It is better that way. I am 6'1" and I weight 213 pounds, so that helps a lot.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2012, 2:30 am

While it is very rare for me to hold grudges for long, there is at least one person from high school who I am quite happy to never see even though we only live 20 miles away from each other.

Fortunately, he doesn't show up to the high school reunions.

In fact, the bullies just don't seem to show up to our reunions. I wonder if they don't want people to see that they really aren't as tough as they pretended to be in school.

nostromo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2012, 3:32 am

School was distinctly average, and I was occasionally hassled but not bullied as such. Occasionally people would try stuff, but I was your average moderately resilient target in that I had some friends, was not easily goaded, and had some average social skills. I hate violence but years of niggle and "play fighting" with my brother and playing Rugby meant as a last resort, I could defensively handle the situation and put them in a headlock if they were whacking me which happened a few times.

As a result bullies would move on. I did feel sorry for kids that got bullied, and I didn't like the situation.
I think the situation is improved now, the impact of bullying is understood better and taken more seriously.

Pokelover14
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Oct 2012, 3:55 am

I was bullied a ton and am still being bullied in high school. I get called ret*d. But I don't really care about names. What I care about is physical bullying. I have been hit, smacked, beaten, slapped, punched, kicked and everything in between. I never fight back. But on a few ocasioons I did. I have done research online for self deffence to see the presure points in a body. I have only attacked in self deffence 3 times in my life. Once in 1 st grade. I was being bullied by this kid. He grabbed my arm and dug his finger nails in it. Then another kid hit my in the face. I paused and thought did that just happen but then I opened m eyes really wide and punched the kid who was digging his nails in me in the chest that my dad had told me to do. The I kicked the other boy in the hum hums. When I was little my dad taught me to defend myself. He told me if anyone ever hurts me on porpoise. I should punch them as hard as I can in the dead center I the chest. That knocks the wind out and lets you regain your ground.

I was also attacked in the 6 or 7 th grade. This kid was mad at me for something. He came over and punched me in the face. I took karate in the 5th grade and I grabbed his arm twisted it behind his back and rapped my arm around his neck. I then said in a deep voice "no one ever hits me" I raped my leg around his and pushed him down to the ground. Then yelled "EVER". I did not actually get in trouble for that since there were others who said he hit me in the face and I did it in self deffence.

And then on the way home in my freshman year there was this junior who hated my guts. I don't remember 100% how it happened but it was something about him cursing and me retaliating or something but he hits me... Guess where yep the face. Out of fury since I was really mad at my dad since he was getting remarried I slammed my fist in to his upper chest then I did a follow up with my left arm. I kicked him down to the ground and ran home.

I may sound violent and am great at fighting. But I regret doing those thing. Especially in middle school since I actually bruised the kid. I have never had a problem defending my self unless there is a weapon involved. The one time I almost got in to a fight I looked closely and saw he a a pocket knife on him. I wasn't going to take the chance so I walked away and was called a chicken and coward. Anyway I have had tons of verbal ubuise but again it doesn't really phase me. But one thing I learned. When you fight back (and win) they will never bother you again!

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2012, 5:26 am

In High School I was called 'fag' more times than you've had hot suppers. I was threatened a lot, but they never laid hands on me. Of course I made myself scarce, and didn't give them a real chance to corner me. Thinking back, I was grabbed out of a car once, but it was a show-argument between two guys over a girl. The one guy grabbed me and pushed me around, and the other guy pulled a gun on him. Mostly though, it was being pointed at, and called names, which had the unfortunate effect of making it very difficult for me to get a date.

mljt
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Oct 2012, 5:44 am

I wasn't bullied in the daily torment kind of way, but I did have a lot of people make fun of me for various things. Thankfully, the person who did it the most was in my best friend's maths class. One day she was talking really loudly about me and questioning my sexuality. My friend turned around, slammed her fist on this girl's desk and said "If you say one more word about my best friend I'll punch you so hard you'll have to shove a toothbrush up your *** to clean your teeth." She never said anything to me again :D

Meanwhile, however, during my maths class, these two boys used to smack me around the head with our huge, heavy maths textbooks every time the teacher wasn't looking.

Other people used to say horrible things about me to my friends or my little brother. Not many actually said it to my face.

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2012, 6:00 am

I was not very aware of such thing as bullying when I was in high school. Either I wasn't bullied or I was just too oblivious about it. Taunts or gossip almost never upset me. I always thought bullying was what silly little kids under 13 do as they feel powerless.

lonelyguy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Oct 2012, 6:03 am

Humans can be so bloody wicked to people who dont seam to fit into their little idea of being normal
I feel sorry for all you guys that had to endure this kind of s**t for most of your life,but i always say what goes around comes around,no wonder i have grown up with a lot of problems with people.....love animals much better than people at least you get respect. :twisted:

Jinks
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Oct 2012, 6:19 am

I was bullied throughout my school life - my first experience of bullying was my first year at school at the age of 5 by two seven-year-olds. For some reason, bullies have always been drawn to me like a magnet, probably because I am awkward, naive and unable to defend myself. But high school was certainly the worst. My prevailing memory of high school is of walking around the school over and over again because I had no one to the spend breaks or lunch with. My school didn't allow students inside during breaks and stopping anywhere by myself was an invitation to bullies. Of course, even though the school was large people noticed my incessant circling, but the hassle I got while doing that was less than it would have been otherwise.

It was such a daily experience from so many different directions that there was no use in telling anyone about it. I have always felt that if I have children who are sensitive and shy like I was, I will homeschool them. I think school is fine as an environment for many kinds of kids but completely ruinous for others. To this day I am still recovering from the treatment I received there.