Things you do that NT's consider weird?

Page 2 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

revolutionrocknroll
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Oct 2012, 12:54 am

I'm not too sure about what people find weird or not, but here are a few things:

1) I prefer to run to get places. Like crossing the street from my dorm to the dining hall. It's just more efficient and faster than walking, and good exercise. I don't know why people think it's weird, or why no one else does it. When I do walk, it's a pretty abnormal gait.

2) I don't know how to talk to other people, or what to talk about. I usually default to dog behavior.

3) People have commented on how I talk in a monotone and how my face isn't very expressive :/
Pretty rudely actually, like in class evaluations for public speaking projects.

4) Sometimes in big lectures I start stimming or covering my ears when the professor tells the class to discuss in partners or groups. 100+ people talking at once in an echo-y room.

5) My family got an Italian exchange student for the year and for part of the summer I had to sleep in the basement because she's in my room. And I had to sleep on this pullout couch. And it has the WORST TEXTURE EVER. And it makes the WORST SQUEAKY, NAILS-ON-CHALKBOARDESQUE SOUND EVER. So I was folding it up one day when my mom was in the basement and she was giving me this weird look because I was jumping around and making moaning noises. So I told her the couch had an awful texture. And she was like "Okay...." and I was like, "I'm not being weird! [My sister] hates it too!" And my sister called down from upstairs "Yeah Mom, it's awful!" So I won xD

6) I also pace a lot at home and I don't like sitting in seats that aren't "mine" either at the dinner table or in class or in the car or whatever.

monstermunch
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Oct 2012, 4:17 am

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
not drinking

Yep.

You must know some nasty and/or immature people then because Im Nt and I dont drink and my friends dont really say anything neither does other people that I know, in the adult world it isnt the end of the world if you drink or not, maybe teenagers get a bit crazed up on it.

LordExiron
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Oct 2012, 10:57 am

If I have to go to a party, I spend it walking through the garden or in a quiet bedroom or hall.

I leave social events early and without saying goodbye if I can possibly sneak out.

I watch the same movie every night for months. Now that I share a bed with someone, our compromise is to watch different episodes of the same show.

I am more and more getting to the point where I can only eat food I have prepared myself.

Counting my steps so I don't step on a crack and make a rhythm in each sidewalk block.

Doing things other people consider social (playing board games, smoking cannabis when I did, playing guitar, eating) by myself even if people are available.

Quietly rearranging words in sentences people say to see if I can find something funny. I now do this overtly around my boyfriend.

Being compassionate and helpful to everyone.

Shimming by scratching the back of my head, which makes people think I have lice.

MaKin
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Oct 2012, 2:06 pm

1. wear tinted glasses when around other people
2. seem to be looking all around while talking face to face with somebody
3. don't wear shoes
4. wear the same clothes often because not only do i disdain clothing shopping, when i find comfortable clothes i wear only the comfiest
5. not wear make-up and dress like the majority of women

balletnerd
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Oct 2012, 4:03 pm

1. Stim almost constantly - picking at a callous on my finger
2. Forgetting to say hello and goodbye when I go to work
3. That I've watched Ghostbusters over 50 times
4. My extensive collection of Lego mini figurines
5. Slightly odd choice of vocubulary - use of 19th century phrases
6. that I find it diifcult to follow conversations in a large group
7. Just wanting to know everything about a particular topic I'm interested in.
8. Hang around with guys
9. Being frightened of balloons popping and dogs barking

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2012, 4:28 pm

Also people think I'm weird because I don't like clothes shopping, and I'm not a great fan of putting on make-up and wearing jumpers without a hood. I put lipstick on, but that's it. Even then I don't keep putting it on every hour or so. Thank God I have got a descent hairstyle now, but before I used to have a plain hairstyle, with the front just tucked behind my ears and the rest hanging long and stringy. I used to really look like I couldn't be bothered to make an effort with myself. God knows how I got 2 men asking me out....

laserwater
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Oct 2012, 4:45 pm

-Stimming: I play with things in my hands a lot and walk in circles, though I avoid this as much as I can out in public
-Music: I will replay the same song over and over and over again daily. The longest I have been this obsessed with a song was for probably 2-4 years with "Why Should I Worry?" from Oliver & Company. I even learned the song in about 20 different languages.
-Introversion: I am very, very introverted. I lost a close friend this way. We would talk all the time online, but I would never want to hang out with her after school. I just don't know what to do with most people.
-Smalltalk: I can manage it, but I often find myself with nothing to say, and it's an awkward feeling.
-Special Interests: For 3 years, I was really interested in trying to visualize four spatial dimensions. I drew diagrams all the time at home and at school, made up my own basic equations, so on.

Hmm.. that's all that immediately comes to my mind.
For all I know I could be NT though :lol: