Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

theblankslate
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Oct 2012, 1:25 pm

Does anyone here know anywhere in the UK where someone could get an assessment for under £500?

cherrycoke
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Oct 2012, 2:00 pm

Most will cost £200+ for first assessment plus a smaller fee for follow up assessments which are likely to be needed. There will then be a fee for a report write up which I'm guessing you will need. £500 isn't a lot to play with in private diagnosis so I couldn't recommend any specifically with those criteria, Digby Tantam tends to always show up as one of the best so might be able to do it quicker, although you will need a GP referral to his clinic.

It may be a load of nonsense, but I hear that sometimes private diagnosis is not accepted such as when applying for benefit or whatever.

EDIT:
Actually i've just read your other post about wanting to join the Navy, if that is so you should seriously consider whether to go for an assessment or not. They won't even consider you with an AS diagnosis it's just a flat out no and the diagnosis is about as sticky as sticky can be.

theblankslate
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Oct 2012, 2:29 pm

cherrycoke wrote:
EDIT:
Actually i've just read your other post about wanting to join the Navy, if that is so you should seriously consider whether to go for an assessment or not. They won't even consider you with an AS diagnosis it's just a flat out no and the diagnosis is about as sticky as sticky can be.

I know that, but it'll be a private diagnosis so it wouldn't show up on NHS records and the Navy would thus not find out (plus the fact that I'm only going to prove that I'm NT - long story).

cherrycoke
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Oct 2012, 2:51 pm

I was, and still am convinced I'm NT, even if that's not the case I have no reason to be diagnosed, but I'm still diagnosed so I don't think you should risk your navy career on just trying to prove your NT.

Also I wouldn't be too sure about private medical records finding their way into the hands of the navy, there probably is a system in place for them to get their hands on them and lying on the navy form is a big risk, it will ask you directly if you have autism or other social disability (been there, done that, got the boot).