Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2012, 6:30 am

antifeministfrills wrote:
I don't know if this is an AS trait, but I get really frustrated with factual inaccuracies and when I am doing schoolwork I want to make sure that what I am writing is as accurate as possible which means I spend more time researching than is necessary (if it's informative writing in English, for example they're not going to factcheck everything.)

I'm like that, it used to take me forever to write essays because I wanted to make sure what I was writing was correct. I do that with work stuff as well. It's tiring, but I have to do it.

antifeministfrills
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

31 Oct 2012, 10:08 am

ericksonlk wrote:
I have some of this... but I don't make the corrections anymore because I've been taught that's is not polite when I was a little kid and now, I'm 33, I can't change my behavior. It became a "taboo" for me correcting other people, and it makes me so anxious that I can't breath. I had to leave some classes last semester because the teachers were so stupid that made me sick. I mean, really sick, I need to take valium to control myself for the rest of the day. And my mind is kind of encyclopedic, so it happens all the time.

<3

antifeministfrills
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

31 Oct 2012, 10:10 am

outofplace wrote:
(Via XKCD.com)

Haha, I think NTs generally mean that in the context of opinions though.

gretchyn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Oct 2012, 10:51 am

I'm the same way. Luckily it's a large part of my job to correct people, so I have a safe outlet. :)

emimeni
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2012, 4:14 pm

I once raised my hand to correct my sixth and seventh grade science teacher. She was describing Down Syndrome as Klinefelter/Triple X syndrome. I told her, no, people with Down Syndrome don't have an extra X chromosome, they have an extra 21st chromosome. She tacked on an extra credit assignment hoping to prove me wrong. I was proven right instead. ;)

Brock
Raven
Raven

01 Nov 2012, 8:20 am

People have become so concerned with respecting everyone's opinion that it has become impossible to be right or wrong.

If you're wrong, it's your opinion, If your right, you're a know-it-all.

It's complete bulls***.