Anyone tried meditation to combat meltdowns

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

BrokenBill
Toucan
Toucan

02 Nov 2012, 2:35 am

Subject line says it all, growing weary of meltdown situations that seem to arise frequently.
I'd like to go down the natural path before I start on the chemical side of things.

Anyone????

Bill

You are very likely an Aspie

lazamb_girl
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Nov 2012, 3:43 am

Doing yoga when I am at the peak of my neurosis/obsessive ruminating, really helps me.
So I guess deep breathing with some calming music should help.

As for me, i like the calming effect of the yoga teacher's voice.

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2012, 4:07 am

Actually for me its useful precautionary: So watching that i have enough sleep, eat healthy, do a bit of sport and try to ensure that i stay calmed (Never mind if thats yoga or breathing techniques and so on... for me they depend all on the same fact: Try to calm down und put stress away.) it helps me a lot to save my ressource, so i am more resistant and have mor ressources against stress, which causes less meltdowns precautionary.

My doctor tried to work on me to use these relaxation techniques during an actual Meltdown, but it does not really work. Actually the easiest way for me to get by such situations is to find a quiet place for me and myself or a tree which i can punch so i can put the feelings out by crying or in an (to humans nonviolent) aggressive way.