Are you hyper sensative to medication??

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

g2
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Nov 2012, 9:45 am

If it can mess with my brain, I'm not doing it. Partially from observing drunk/high people, partially from truly horrible early experiences with having ADHD medications forced on me. Mostly because of the last one.

iridescence
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Nov 2012, 4:12 pm

In a paper published in France by the High Authority of Health (Recommendation of good practice / Autism and other developmental pervasive disorders : diagnosis and assessment in adults), they told to psychiatrists that "An unusual response (either by the absence of reaction or by paradoxical effects or hypersensitivity) to the prescriptions of psychotropic drugs must also be considered as a call sign."
(I can't put urls, so for those who read french, you can google "Recommandation de bonne pratique, autisme et autres troubles envahissants du développement : diagnostic et évaluation chez l'adulte" and go see p.7 of the document).

Magnanimous
Toucan
Toucan

06 Nov 2012, 4:16 pm

I seem to be resistant to the effects of energy drinks, painkillers and antiemetics.
I'm building up a fair resistance to alcohol too, at least relative to when I was younger.

As for prescription medication, I wouldn't know, as I don't trust doctors... and thus don't take any medication I cannot purchase for myself without anyone else's input.

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2012, 4:36 am

Magnanimous wrote:
I seem to be resistant to the effects of energy drinks, painkillers and antiemetics.
I had a shot of morphine, when I was in labour, which is supposed to reduce pain and cause a sense of euphoria. Honestly, I felt no change whatsoever. They could have given me saline, for all I knew.