Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

LearningTime
Raven
Raven

22 Nov 2012, 6:20 pm

It's not all BS but so much of it is - anyone whose been commenting same posts as me generally like JRR i think will think that mbti is just not very scientific and doesn't make a lot of sense. because interaction a lot of is meaningless and purely animalistic sensing the act of thinking so much about specific interactions to some copmlicated 4 part dichotomy which is very vaguely defined is just not good.

here's a video where they've taken mbti thinking to stupid levels where the guy is actually just referring to trolling someone who doesn't have the same beliefs as him when they argue even if the argument is a logical one... but of course it's wrapped in mbti BS (pretty much all from the bearded guy).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTF1PVzz ... ure=relmfu

also everyone most people get intj yet not all those people are similar at all i imagine... it's because the test for mbti is so bad that the answers for intj appeal to everyone of all 'types'.

also i saw this video ages ago but recently read bit of field guide to earthlings and i realise the bearded guy is such a disgusting earthling.

LearningTime
Raven
Raven

22 Nov 2012, 6:31 pm

the very act of thinking about mbti turns people into systemisers especially when they really think about mbti a lot. a they're thinking b it's systemising and that will change the way they think and therefore act. mbti is like horoscope except with a scientific vibe to it.

shyengineer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Nov 2012, 6:50 pm

I think that it does show general preferences fairly reliably. However, I think that it can be relied on too much as an absolute result rather than a preference. This can lead to employers deciding xxxx doesn't fit on the yyyy team without considering other aspects. People can change to another type depending on the situation.

I'm wondering why you state that most people get INTJ?

Watilla
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Nov 2012, 6:53 pm

shyengineer wrote:
People can change to another type depending on the situation.

This is why I don't take it too seriously.

LearningTime
Raven
Raven

22 Nov 2012, 7:28 pm

shyengineer wrote:
I think that it does show general preferences fairly reliably. However, I think that it can be relied on too much as an absolute result rather than a preference. This can lead to employers deciding xxxx doesn't fit on the yyyy team without considering other aspects. People can change to another type depending on the situation.

i just thought it was a fact. pretty much based on all the youtube videos and sites etc - intj comes up first. seems to be a really common result. i got it. and um also i'd read another person or two maybe state the point about it i made in this post.

here's another mbti follower video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mj26YHZ ... re=related

i'd call it neurtypical (woman whos into spiritual side of things and mbti is that for her just like a horoscope for her) and an aspie (logical male) hehe. notice at the start she initiates small talk (even though she noticed it was her natural instinct) then notice how the guy really goes into depth sort of about the difference in the weather etc as he asks about the lighting in her room whether it's coming from the light outside or something it's cause ie it's already become the topic of how this natural thing works. then most revealing she suddenly starts just rambling about what she did at some point earlier in the day or yesterday and just describes in detail like telling a story and she's talking about herself - kind of nt.

antifeministfrills
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Nov 2012, 7:46 pm

LearningTime wrote:
shyengineer wrote:

i just thought it was a fact. pretty much based on all the youtube videos and sites etc - intj comes up first. seems to be a really common result. i got it. and um also i'd read another person or two maybe state the point about it i made in this post.

here's another mbti follower video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mj26YHZ ... re=related

i'd call it neurtypical (woman whos into spiritual side of things and mbti is that for her just like a horoscope for her) and an aspie (logical male) hehe. notice at the start she initiates small talk (even though she noticed it was her natural instinct) then notice how the guy really goes into depth sort of about the difference in the weather etc as he asks about the lighting in her room whether it's coming from the light outside or something it's cause ie it's already become the topic of how this natural thing works. then most revealing she suddenly starts just rambling about what she did at some point earlier in the day or yesterday and just describes in detail like telling a story and she's talking about herself - kind of nt.

Really? I thought it was one of the most uncommon types. Maybe it's just people who are INTJs who are inclined to make videos about MBTI. :wink: INTJ is meant to be the rarest type for females (INFJ for males). Introverts are generally uncommon.

LearningTime
Raven
Raven

23 Nov 2012, 10:04 am

antifeministfrills wrote:
LearningTime wrote:
shyengineer wrote:

Really? I thought it was one of the most uncommon types. Maybe it's just people who are INTJs who are inclined to make videos about MBTI. :wink: INTJ is meant to be the rarest type for females (INFJ for males). Introverts are generally uncommon.

the people who actually take the test and get interested in mbti tend to be introverts and intj. last video i watched a neurtypical was an infj. another neurotypical was intj and a thinking 20 year old ish girl was an infj.

whirlingmind
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2012, 11:26 am

I am a female INTJ. I had my first Myers Briggs personality test through an employer many years ago. About 3 years later I was given another one by another employer and came out as INTJ again. The description fits me very well. I have a friend (male) who has AS who is also INTJ.

DX AS & both daughters on the autistic spectrum