Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

LearningTime
Raven
Raven

23 Nov 2012, 3:19 pm

does npa theory aside from the negative sounding words of narcissm and aggresion does it sound and feel about right in terms of what life/persons is about?

dyingofpoetry
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2012, 5:13 pm

LearningTime wrote:
does npa theory aside from the negative sounding words of narcissm and aggresion does it sound and feel about right in terms of what life/persons is about?

I'm not an NT, but I took the test and I thought it was complete crap. Maybe it just doesn't work for autistics, but I just hope no one uses it for self-diagnosis of a personality disorder.

Last edited by dyingofpoetry on 23 Nov 2012, 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2012, 6:08 pm

I had to google to find out what it was. What I found out was that I can't find out about it on Wikipedia because they deleted its entry since it was just nonsense written by a crank. That's enough for me to not bother taking the test (also available by googling). Sometimes nonsense written by a crank is still worth discussing (such as the Neanderthal theory of autism) but it doesn't look worthwhile in this case.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2012, 6:22 pm

LearningTime wrote:
what is npa theory

Sanctus
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2012, 7:21 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
LearningTime wrote:
what is npa theory

I think roughly it's about the theory that autists are more related to Neanderthals, while NTs are more like the Cro-Magnon.

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2012, 7:27 pm

http://personalitytest.homestead.com/

That test really sucks. It has piles of questions that ask a whole bunch of things at once, leaving me uncertain how to reply if only some of them apply.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2012, 8:04 pm

Sanctus wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
LearningTime wrote:
what is npa theory

I think roughly it's about the theory that autists are more related to Neanderthals, while NTs are more like the Cro-Magnon.
somehow i dont buy that theory

LearningTime
Raven
Raven

23 Nov 2012, 9:15 pm

f**k just saw the youtube videos of it... didn't see that before.

having reading a field guide to earthlings and a the 'neurotypical personality disorder' as well as seeing that all the sociopathic/anti social disorder/ dramatic disorders are all closer to neurotypical now thinking about npa theory a few months later to when i first saw it it does feel more true and i can accept it more. also the test questions seemed to have a kind of gritty truth to the questions as it referred to what would be innocuousish things you notice in people those normal type of people.

i'm willing to think npa theory is true for the lower parts of our brain and we do have a bit of that stuff in us (probably a lot and i'm just giving the nt's the benefit of the doubt). think about it our brains evolved from fish - there are still parts of our brain that thinks like a fish so there's definately still parts that think like idk an ape and we're 98% ape dna. so i think it's true on a very deep level and not a conscious one or is that pertinent. but then again the more i learn about how i'm not entirely normal the more i discover how essentially animalistic people are as they pay attention to your whole body language just like an animal would.