Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Logicalmom
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2012, 2:35 pm

Hi: THIS IS JUST PRETEND:

Anyone want to "run away" with me? Just in our imaginations, but maybe it will be a little get-away for those of us who entertain the idea or just want to join in on some fun?

Where would you go?

I'm walking through the solitude and beautiful smell of a pine-lichen forest near where I grew up in northern BC Canada. I am coming up on the shore of a glacier lake, and, oh, is it so blue and clean. It's very, very quiet. I can feel the lichen crumble gently under my feet, cushioning my steps. When I look up, the pine are so tall and thin - they are many, but they let the sky in.

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2012, 2:41 pm

Oh, I'm running after you! Then maybe we go run away to a vast prairie with tall grasses scattered with wildflowers and jagged shaped flat rocks. It would be still early morning so we'd have more places to explore.......<next poster?>

whirlingmind
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2012, 2:57 pm

...and once we've visited your favourite place, we can go to Florida to swim with dolphins, something I've always wanted to do. We'd then go to a white sandy private beach in the Indian ocean somewhere and lay down under a palm tree on memory foam sunbeds, with drinks on tap served by waiters from the nearby beach bar, which was there just for us.

We'd have a beautiful holiday villa to stay in, with an indoor pool and an ocean view. There would be a tranquil place on the island which was a retreat for people to rid themselves of all their anxieties, with complimentary therapies (all free of course).

...oh I could go on like this for hours extending the fantasy, with all the places and things I've dreamed of!

DX AS & both daughters on the autistic spectrum

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2012, 4:19 pm

Logicalmom wrote:
Where would you go?

I'd wait until May and go to the Isle of Man to see the racing action.

Quote:
I'm walking through the solitude and beautiful smell of a pine-lichen forest near where I grew up in northern BC Canada. I am coming up on the shore of a glacier lake, and, oh, is it so blue and clean. It's very, very quiet. I can feel the lichen crumble gently under my feet, cushioning my steps. When I look up, the pine are so tall and thin - they are many, but they let the sky in.

In August, 1977, I hiked the trail from Skagway, Alaska to Lake Bennett in British Columbia. It was quite pretty.

I particularly liked the train ride to Whitehorse afterwards.

Logicalmom
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2012, 4:31 pm

Oooo - nice hike, Eric76!

Gosh, we're covering a lot of ground already :D

helles
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2012, 5:16 pm

If I can skip the beach (really do not like the bright sunlight) then I would like to take you to a mountaintop in Tanzania. To the evergreen elfin forest where the mosses are hanging from the branches and clouds are drifting silently through the forest. Then we could walk down through the bamboo forest and get lost among the silently rustling stalks where few animals live.

Then we would go further down to the mountain forest (not called rainforest, because it does not rain enough in those areas) where we would see the Udzungwa Forest Partridge (endemic to the area) and the tree dwelling Hyrac, the elephants neares relatives. At night we would listen to the Hyrax calling and all the other nightsounds of the forest. The early morning birds would wake us up and with luck we would see the black and white Colobus monkey and the Red Colobus monkey when walking further down the mountains slope.

When we reach the forest margin we would walk through grassland and corn fields. Greet the people we meet and take care not to frighten the small children, who are not used to strangers. When reaching the nearest village with an "inn" we could dine on a luxorious meal of rice and beans inside a little black hut.

Logicalmom
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2012, 5:49 pm

Sigh ... lovely!!

lonelyguy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Nov 2012, 5:53 pm

Maybe we could all go to Scotland and climb Ben Nevis..and when we reach the top shout at the world to give us happiness in life :lol:
then take 6hrs to get back down..head for the pub and grab a beer and some fat Scottish chips with curry sause :lol: