Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

zacb
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2012, 11:36 am

You are in a library, and you are talking, and someone comes over to you and says you are being to loud? :D this happens to me quite often :D.

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2012, 12:06 pm

NO! THEY WON'T EVEN LET ME IN THE DOOR AND I'VE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO FIGURE OUT WHY!! !!

jk :wink:

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

zacb
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2012, 12:13 pm

(yells across the street)REALLY!! !!???? :D

ibookfan92
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Dec 2012, 12:28 pm

Well, to be honest, I never really was loud in the library, as long as there were Macintoshes around or fascinating stuff to read. But I found that Wikipedia is a *great* alternative to a library, as I discovered back when I back was I was in ninth grade, and from there, that's where I've gathered a lot of info. So, if nothing else, I'd recommend learning stuff with it. :D

Dizzee
Toucan
Toucan

07 Dec 2012, 12:46 pm

I never talked in the libraries obviously cuz I was usually alone

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2012, 1:10 pm

The question is not "does this happen to you?"

The question is why the heck do you yak so much and so loudly in libraries?

Its kinda well known that you're supposed to be quiet in libraries. And as the above poster said Im usually alone when I go to libraries anyway so I rarely get lured into animated conversation anyway.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

07 Dec 2012, 1:16 pm

I'm usually a quiet person, so my answer is no.

Though, I do find the concept quite funny. :lol:

eggheadjr
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2012, 1:17 pm

Assuming the question is: "Do you have problems with your own volume control?", then the answer is:

YES

My wife is forever telling me to either <<speak up - can't hear you >> or <<not so loud, I'm not deaf>>...

Seems I have big problems in this regards. Volume seems to vary based on thought processes and excitement levels.

:oops:

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2012, 1:43 pm

Not really because I don't go in libraries. But I have been told to stop talking loudly in other environments. Like once at school I was walking along the corridor with a teacher and I was talking at normal volume, but because there were exams going on nearby, the teacher was like, ''sssshhhhhhhhh! There's exams on! Sssssshhhhhhhhhhh!'' Obviously she wasn't telling me off, she was just whispering it and smiling at the same time, but I still felt a bit awkward and also a bit humiliated.

Don't you hate it when you're having an ''extrovert moment'', then someone suddenly goes ''ssshhhhh'' to you? That's happened to me many times. People telling me to keep quiet (as in keep my voice down) seems to get to me a lot, and make me feel embarrassed.

zacb
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2012, 1:59 pm

This did not only happen in happened in a library two times (one when I was introducing myself to someone from Scotland) and one while I was with a friends (who has since moved away, but also while I was in the hall of school, and I happened to be close enough to a glassed window while I was talking to someone, that I actually was told I was being too loud :oops: . Plus people say that at first I am kind of introverted, but once the get to know me, I can be quite talkative (maybe too much). :D So I guess volume control yeah, and not being able to control yourself.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2012, 2:15 pm

Never in the library but a stranger has told me I was too loud. A neighbor opening her window and telling me she is sleeping so quiet down. In 6th grade, some lady coming out of her office and telling me in the waiting room I am too loud so stop yelling. People at my old work telling me I am so loud they can hear everything I say down the hall. My dad's cousin used to tell me "We are not out in the field, we are inside and I am right close to you." Mom also tells me she is right next to me so she can hear me fine without me talking loud.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

r84shi37
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Dec 2012, 2:31 pm

I've noticed that at night I don't adjust my voice for people who are sleeping. Other people tell me I tend to talk loudly when it's inappropriate to talk loudly.

Rivelin
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Dec 2012, 3:14 pm

As a child the volume and speed of my voice was all over the place. I was frequently getting told to slow down or stop shouting. As an adult I'm generally ok unless I get particularly excited or have an "extrovert moment" (I like that term) or get into an intense discussion. Then I often talk unusually loudly without realising it. I have the opposite problem when I'm upset, I become very quiet and find it difficult to talk at a normal volume.