Page 5 of 20 [ 306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 20  Next

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2012, 6:57 am

HDLMatchette wrote:
What do you auties/aspies think about being naked?

It would be kind of difficult to take a shower or bath without being naked.

However, I remember reading about some order of nuns who wore clothing in the shower, supposedly so that God couldn't see them naked. Go figure.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2012, 7:06 am

A couple of years ago, a young lady from Finland was telling us about the saunas there.

She said that the saunas are so hot that you can't wear anything at all -- it would cause serious burns to the skin. So nobody wears anything in the sauna. And the saunas are quite inclusive of everyone in the family or even complete strangers mixed together.

HDLMatchette
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Dec 2012, 9:01 am

eric76 wrote:
A couple of years ago, a young lady from Finland was telling us about the saunas there.

She said that the saunas are so hot that you can't wear anything at all -- it would cause serious burns to the skin. So nobody wears anything in the sauna. And the saunas are quite inclusive of everyone in the family or even complete strangers mixed together.

It's quite impressive the Europeans aren't so prudish about nudity as Americans are.

Loborojo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2012, 9:04 am

eric76 wrote:

Hilarious what you wrote...In a sauna you wear NO cloths, otherwise you keep the blood from flowing. Scandinavinas are the purest people in naturism...I went naked in the sauna like everyone else in Helsinki´s Olympic swimmingpool in 1983...Viking attitude, braving the cold, naked swimming in the sea, a feat. Not like the Americas and Europeans, who sit there, pent up in shame with underwear, swimmingtunks, or a towel on..ridiculously...In many swimmingpools, like in Sweden and Norway, we have common dressingrooms where everyone is naked...no one flinches...there you go Americans...something to learn from!

Last edited by Loborojo on 18 Dec 2012, 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

18 Dec 2012, 9:11 am

This thread drifted off topic into rather too much detail about specific types of underwear and a related argument, consequently posts were removed to tidy things up and bring it back onto topic - which is a general discussion on being naked, from an autistic viewpoint.

HDLMatchette
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Dec 2012, 9:35 am

Cornflake wrote:
This thread drifted off topic into rather too much detail about specific types of underwear and a related argument, consequently posts were removed to tidy things up and bring it back onto topic - which is a general discussion on being naked, from an autistic viewpoint.

some of the people on here are really really purdish about being naked, so i don't know why they would comment on something like this, i'm not attacking anyone, i really don't know why they would.

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2012, 9:48 am

Loborojo wrote:
Not like the Americas and europeans, who sit ther pent up in shame with underwear or swimmingtunks or a towel on..eidiculous...In mayn swimmingpools like in Sweden and Norway, we have common dressingrooms where everyone is naked...no one flinches...ther you go Americans...somethin to learn from!

Sorry, but dont generalize european. In Austria its also completely uncommon and in certain places thank god generally forbidden to use the sauna areas with cloths. Also eastern germany have a relative normal body culture. In western germany its rather the opposite, so they are more prude. In Hungary, which is neighbor to Austria, its not so common, so in the spa where i have been they have separate areas for the unhygienic people who enter sauna with cloths -.- and the normal without cloths. You just have to be careful, when coming from an german language country, because the name for the normal sauna in hungary is "nature sauna". (So i cant read hungarian, but they also have english signs.) The problem is, in Austria the comparable word "Natursauna" normally is a pure classic natural finn sauna, without smelling oils, and light show and all that other stuff you find more and more offered, but has nothing to do with naked or non naked because every sauna is naked in Austria. But it seems as they are used to it, that foreigners from german countries, dont know what they mean with a "nature sauna", so nobody was screaming around or forced us to pay his lifetime psychotherapist, because he saw me and my partner naked. They introduced us to the differences polite and smiling to what the word "nature sauna" means in english and showed us friendly the other area. ^^

I have family in france, so i know that many people there also have a normal body culture. So my uncle has a summer house at a lake which is a "naturalist"-area, so in summer they are completely naked all day in the whole village. (As long as its not necessary because of cooking and so on.) It seems to be so comon, that my uncle didnt even mention it, when inviting us into his summer house. ^^

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

18 Dec 2012, 9:48 am

HDLMatchette wrote:
some of the people on here are really really purdish about being naked, so i don't know why they would comment on something like this, i'm not attacking anyone, i really don't know why they would.
People are different - some feel more comfortable than others about being naked, Aspie or not.
That's about it in a nutshell, I think. :wink:

Loborojo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2012, 12:34 pm

Austria and Switserland...and Bayern, (Germany) aren't particularly famous for freethinking, are they?

Last edited by Loborojo on 18 Dec 2012, 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HDLMatchette
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Dec 2012, 1:34 pm

Cornflake wrote:
HDLMatchette wrote:
People are different - some feel more comfortable than others about being naked, Aspie or not.

i know people are different, but it's more autie/aspie to be open and friendly to nudity.

SoftKitty
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2012, 2:47 pm

HDLMatchette wrote:
Cornflake wrote:
HDLMatchette wrote:

i know people are different, but it's more autie/aspie to be open and friendly to nudity.

Is there a research on the subject?

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2012, 3:17 pm

Loborojo wrote:
eric76 wrote:

Hilarious what you wrote...In a sauna you wear NO cloths, otherwise you keep the blood from flowing. Scandinavinas are the purest people in naturism...I went naked in the sauna like everyone else in Helsinki´s Olympic swimmingpool in 1983...Viking attitude, braving the cold, naked swimming in the sea, a feat. Not like the Americas and Europeans, who sit there, pent up in shame with underwear, swimmingtunks, or a towel on..ridiculously...In many swimmingpools, like in Sweden and Norway, we have common dressingrooms where everyone is naked...no one flinches...there you go Americans...something to learn from!

TWIAVBP

Having never been to Finland, I can only go by what she had to say considering that she grew up in Finland and came to the US in her late teens. According to her, the usual temperature of saunas in Finland are significantly warmer than in the United States and that because of the temperatures found in Finnish saunas, it is a health risk to wear anything because it invites burns.

According to her, the entire family -- kids, parents, grandparents, and guests -- use the sauna at the same time, nobody wearing anything in the form of clothes or jewelry. That's just the way it is and they don't think anything of it. I cannot imagine the same happening in general for most parts of the United States.

noxnocturne
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2012, 3:31 pm

Unless I'm taking a bath or shower, I think being naked is disgusting.

ADoyle90815
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Dec 2012, 3:59 pm

I often sleep nude, but because American society is so puritanical, I'm only naked in the privacy of my bedroom or bathroom when I'm bathing or showering. It's just what I was taught, that in order to blend in with society, outside those areas, I wear clothing.

HDLMatchette
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Dec 2012, 4:00 pm

ADoyle90815 wrote:
I often sleep nude, but because American society is so puritanical, I'm only naked in the privacy of my bedroom or bathroom when I'm bathing or showering. It's just what I was taught, that in order to blend in with society, outside those areas, I wear clothing.

shame, isn't it?

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2012, 4:16 pm

Nothing wrong with being naked.