For the Victims in Newtown Connecticut

Page 3 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

PHISHA51
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Dec 2012, 11:49 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4PqWjug1Jg[/youtube]

This is dedicated to the victims and the community of Newton Connecticut.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2012, 12:18 pm

My deepest sympathies and condolences to all of you living in Newton, Connecticut. May all of the innocent children rest in peace.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdopMqrftXs[/youtube]

Sid Hugs :O)

Sweet Pea hugsImage

SoftKitty
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2012, 2:12 pm

Regardless what any party thinks about this, I want to say I feel terribly sorry for the victims of the unfortunate shooting, and also for their families. This must be dreadful.

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2012, 3:56 pm

May all the victims of this horrid crime be gazing with joy upon the face of God and may their families and the whole community find comfort. I shed tears with you, although I can't begin to imagine what you are going through. I am a mommy and I will hold my babies even closer now.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2012, 4:01 pm

(It's been three days, and the sadness won't go away. There always seem to be more tears to shed, more hurt to heal, more emptiness to fill.)

Please, Sandy Hook, know that you are not alone. Others grieve with you: friends you haven't met yet, and friends you may never meet, but friends nonetheless.

We will not forget those you have lost.

We will not forget you.

:heart:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2012, 4:03 pm

I wish I could get a time machine and get into it, and go back and rescue everybody. I wish I could stop things like this from ever happening again. I wish I could make things better. But I can't. I can't fix it. I want to fix it so, so badly.

I hope the people who are grieving will find peace and support and all those things that help you survive when you're trying to get through a tragedy. People are really strong, even when it doesn't look like they could be. I just wish there weren't any reason that they needed to be that strong.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

Henbane
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2012, 5:49 pm

I'm not American, but this terrible tragedy has touched people all around the world. Just unbearably sad.
Sending love, and wishing you solace and healing.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2012, 6:43 pm

As a parent, I cannot imagine anything worse than losing my child.

I cannot understand how anyone could want to shoot children.

I've taken the time to read a little bit about the students and teachers, and hope that their memories will shine brightly. My prayers are with all who knew them, and especially their families, who must find a way to continue on.

Canaspie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2012, 8:10 pm

To all those impacted by the shooting:

There are no words that can be said that can take away your pain. There is no explanation that can answer the question of why something as senseless as this had to happen. "There are no words in times like these, when tears don't hide the tragedies, and all you want is a reason for the world."

I can not even begin to imagine how you feel today. It is a pain which no one who has not experienced it can even begin to comprehend. Too many lives, taken away far too soon. Yet, already, in the face of the tragedy, the stories of bravery, courage, and love are already being shared. Stories of many people who in the face of danger chose to put themselves at risk, and even sacrifice themselves, for others. These are the stories which can provide hope, even in the darkest of moments.

I pray that you can find the strength to carry on. While your pain can never be fully taken away, I pray that there will come a time when you will be able to continue on with your lives. I pray that with each day, it might get a little bit easier, that it may hurt just a little bit less, even though it is a pain which can never be erased. I pray that you may find peace in these terrible times, and that you will not lose hope in the future. I pray that you know you are not alone.

I am not American. But, today, that does not matter. Canada - and, indeed, the world - stands with you. Even here, on the other side of the border, we are praying with you, asking, in the words of your president from scripture, that God "will heal the brokenhearted, and bind up their wounds."

Mike_the_EE
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Dec 2012, 8:45 pm

I have a great deal of difficulty describing emotions, but I'll try:

There are no words that can describe the horror of the loss of so many innocent children. No name for the crime committed. No way to understand that which cannot be understood. We all feel the indescribable loss. Some of us can't explain it or show it, but we feel it none the less.

horsegurl4190
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Dec 2012, 12:16 am

My heart goes out to all in Newton, CT. I will be praying for all the families of those 26 lives lost.

icyfire4w5
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2012, 4:35 am

(Disclaimer: I'm not very good at comforting people, so please forgive me.)

I'm not American. I live in a country that is many many time zones away from USA. My mom broke into tears when she saw the photo of Jillian Soto mourning her sister Victoria. I feel sad for the shooter. I wonder why trauma has hardened his heart to the extent that he disregards the lives of those around him. I feel even sadder for the victims. They all have a bright future ahead of them, yet their lives were cut short so abruptly and so mercilessly. I salute those who have sacrificed their own lives to save the lives of many others for their heroism. For those who believe that there is life after death, may they take comfort in the fact that their loved ones are in Paradise now. For those who believe that there is no life after death, may they take comfort in the fact that their loved ones are at peace now.

billybud21
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2012, 9:01 am

Although days have passed, I still find myself sitting in front of my computer flummoxed as to what I can even say. Yet I feel the need to say something. I have a son who is 8 and I cannot fathom the grief these families must feel. No words, great nor small, can hope to fill the void left by a smile lost; exuberance quieted; imagination and wonder now bounded. May the family and friends of those lost find solace and peace in whatever measures possible.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2012, 9:28 am

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

18 Dec 2012, 2:55 pm

I am honestly rubbish at finding ways to state these sentiments.

I do know what it's like to lose a beloved relative to violence, and that is something that I still think about. My sister's death at her boyfriend's hand was horrible, and I wish that she were still with us.

I wish I could say it boggles my mind that someone would go out and kill over two dozen people - most of them children. It doesn't. It's a tragedy that is repeated over and over again. Not always the same mix of killer and victims, but similar. I have a friend who survived the Virginia Tech Massacre and it was a source of intense trauma for her.

I wish there were no massacres or rampages or sprees for anyone to survive or not survive. This shouldn't happen. Ever.

I don't know what else to say.

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2012, 3:15 pm

I'm not one to use hyperbole: when I learned of this murder, it felt like a keg full of poison was spilled over my heart.

My sympathies go out to family, parents, brothers, sisters who have lost on that day, to friends, teachers, classmates, to the children who've had to witness this, and who may be scarred and traumatized for life.
I hope that they will be able to find the strength to pull through this together.

I'm disgusted.