Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2006, 2:33 pm

Does Alchohol make you depressed most of the time? I am talking about Within 2-3 hours of taking it and not taking into consideration anything that happens next day. It is the case for me and in most situations; I have to avoid drink unless I know that I am going to be happy in which case it would be perfectly safe.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2006, 2:34 pm

I already get easily depressed without alcohol.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

KurtmanJP
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2006, 2:42 pm

I never drink alcohol at all. I only really drink decaf soda like Sprite and 7Up. So it's safe to say that I avoid it at all costs.

logitechdog
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2006, 3:03 pm

Anyone who is (low) should avoid drink at all cost's you tend to do something really stupid if you do...

And anyone who is shy should not use it as you will become needy on it - everytime you need less anxiety...

Also more dangerous if you have got anxiety as you will allready be low on body fluids

/*
The digestive system of alcoholics is unable to absorb vitamin B1 (thiamine) and deficiency of thiamine can cause various problems effecting the brain.
*/

/*
// About B-1 (Thiamine Hydrochloride) Tablets

• (Thiamine Hydrochloride)
• Supports Energy Metabolism and Nervous System Health**
• Sugar, Starch & Preservative Free

*/

Alchohol (Ethyl alcohol or ethanol) made out of Fermented grain, fruit juice and honey is a depressant, and if taken in small amounts relaxes the mind and reduce anxieties.

People who have overused alcohol may stagger, lose their coordination, and slur their speech. They will probably be confused and disoriented. Intoxication can make people very friendly and talkative or very aggressive and angry. When large amounts of alcohol are consumed in a short period of time, alcohol poisoning can result. Alcohol poisoning is very dangerous. Violent vomiting is usually the first symptom, as the body tries to rid itself of the alcohol. Extreme sleepiness, unconsciousness, difficulty breathing, dangerously low blood sugar, seizures, and even death may result.

Is ok to social drink not saying you can't do that. Unless you're teetotal, you probably drink more than you think. The medically recommended units of alcohol per week is 14 for women and 21 for men. How do you compare? Take a minute to try this test - it'll tell you how many units of alcohol you've consumed.

They looked it up :)

Last edited by logitechdog on 22 Dec 2006, 3:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

donkey
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2006, 3:15 pm

alcohol is a depressant.
aspies come down like everyone else the next day, when i used to drink i used to get quite aggressive.

ascan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2006, 3:29 pm

donkey wrote:
... when i used to drink i used to get quite aggressive.

I used to sleep.

pluto
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2006, 3:53 pm

I'm ok as long as I don't drink any more than 2 pints. The 3rd pint usually makes me feel sleepy and a little depressed,but still completely sober. On social occasions I'm too focused on trying to keep track of what's going on around me that I don't feel as 'merry' as everyone else.

MelancholyBunny
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2006, 4:08 pm

I only tried alcohol once and that was enough, i didn't even have much but i became EXTREMELY affectionate, i went around hugging everyone (i dislike standing too close to people, let alone hugging them) so i assume i have a low tolerance and intend on avoiding alcohol in future.

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2006, 5:52 pm

When I drank alcohol on a regular basis (as in, virtually every weekend), I either got really loud, or really maudlin. Neither state really appealled to me, so I stopped drinking, for the most part.

I was always just a two-pint man, anyway - any more and I got so unsteady and ill that it wasn't worth it. That, and it was risky to take a diuretic while I had epilepsy medication in my system. Flushing it out like that was never a good plan.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2006, 6:24 pm

I can usually drink about three or four pints without much difficulty. I can drink one or two more but then it's best to go home. I don't much like the feeling of being seen drunk in public. Alcohol just makes me feel inebriated and, latterly, tired.

Alicorn
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Dec 2006, 6:26 pm

When I drink I get a little bit nicer, then I want to lay down.

krist
Raven
Raven

22 Dec 2006, 7:12 pm

pabst blue ribbon does not get me sick or depressed and a few eurobeers are cool. most brands of beers get me sick after 6 ounces, about a half a pint for the rest of the world..
i have been drinking since i was old enough to hold a glass. i lived in germany till 6 years old and then i lived in northern michigan where we live on beer. yooper dooper!

if i drink whiskey i don't get depressed but i will cry like a baby for no reason at all. weird!
i can drink vodka and it is just like taking a xanax. vodka does not make me depressed at all. vodka does not get me drunk. i can drink a liter of the stuff and i am pretty sober, most folks drink a pint and a drunk. vodka is just plain relaxing and tastes great.
jagermister makes me just woozy and snippy.
barenjager makes me feel all sleepy and relaxed.

i perfer liquor but atleast with xanax i will not get arrested if driving.
i just dislike xanax because it makes me talk incessantly.

other liquors make me sick as a dog after the second shot.

jimservo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2006, 8:04 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
I already get easily depressed without alcohol.

:lol:

The only alcohol that I ever liked was...I don't remember how to spell it, and the spell checker can't possibly pick it up.

It is pronounced like this: YING-LING.

But when I was at the appointment where they were doing my brain scan and they were talking about things that can give you brain damage and they mentioned alcohol. I don't think I will drink it anymore. I'm not trying to lecture people though.

Corvus
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2006, 8:09 pm

Alcohol - Yes. Not ALL the time, but more time then I want it to. Usually about 3-4 hours after drinking is when it hits me.

Pot - No.

DerekD_Goldfish
Toucan
Toucan

22 Dec 2006, 8:27 pm

A few pints doesnt make me depressed just makes me loosen up a little

AssBurgers
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Dec 2006, 9:12 pm

Unfortunately, I would consider myself as a person with an alcohol problem, however, it doesn't make me depressed. I wouldn't drink it so much if it did.