Page 4 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 7:43 am

I actually had someone comment on how I rarely smiled when I was in the hospital recovering from major surgery. Not exactly the happiest of times even if I was a smiley person.

Chloe33
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 11:58 am

My significant other told me that normally i look angry.
However if we are in a store i look panicked

Why is it that so many of us look angry?
Maybe it's how NTs perceive us to look yet we don't know we look that way?

chlov
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 3:09 pm

No, people have never said that my face looks stoned or angry. People have told me that my face looks either completely emotionless, a bit sad or too smiling.

Tiankay
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

Location: 3rd Street on the right, just after the event horizon...

19 Jun 2016, 6:18 pm

Yes i know thats an old thread but i just find it very funny. I got told i look stoned pretty often. One time even a police officer made me do the whole "walk on the line, look at the flashlight" thing when i was just tired because he thought that i was medicated :D Or when i was younger one time police held me in the city & called my parents because i looked "suspicious"...

Peace
TK

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2016, 6:52 pm

Often when I go off on random tangents which I feel are perfectly reasonable and vital I've been asked why I think like I do and why I come up with such strange stuff. I used to do drugs on and off for several years but they didn't really give me anything drastically different in the pool of pondering. I've always thought like I do so it makes no difference, people have said I seem like I'm high all my life lol. I used to live in the city I got asked almost every week if I had any drugs or if I wanted to buy some weed, I've never found weed useful, I don't do anything except have a few drinks twice a week these days but it's still funny that people assume I'm a stoner or something when I walk around the estates. I frown a lot cause light is painful frequently, I'm like daryl from the walking dead, he squints a lot and people get the wrong impression. I experience emotions intensely but I am cheerful in equal measure to my brooding.

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2016, 7:26 pm

I often get told that I look sad when I am thinking. Because of this, I get asked if I am ok or not.

Canadian, young adult, student demisexual-heteroromantic, cisgender female, autistic

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2016, 8:28 pm

Got accused of both. :lol: But mostly the latter.

My serious self does look angry half the time other than just being serious.
Same with my child like self sometimes being accused as stoned probably because I laugh a lot and the way I explain things gone weirder.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

plootark
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Jun 2016, 4:30 am

Yes. People used to always think I was stoned. It was always a running joke about how I was always half asleep, dopey and never with it. "Friends" would always find it entertaining to goad me into doing something dopey. After a night out they would gather to list out and discuss the various dopey things I had done that evening. They would ask me questions which they knew I would respond using incorrect grammar and then have a good chuckle. Various nicknames were assigned implying I was generally thick and slow. My surname almost sounds like WakeUp... So that was a common joke. "Wakey wakey" was frequently mentioned for a good laugh amongst the group.

I think this is partly why I did end up spending most of my time actually being stoned. I felt I had a reputation I had to live up to.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2016, 1:00 pm

People often ask me what is wrong, what is bothering you when nothing is bothering me. I have gotten are you high question also.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

20 Jun 2016, 2:01 pm

I've gotten this my entire life, I remember pretty distinctly in Kindergarten or K4 some little girl always asking why I looked sad. People have thought I've looked angry at times, people have said I looked stoned a lot of too. Nowadays the latter is sometimes true but but back when I got it in school I wasn't.

Soomander
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Jun 2016, 10:01 am

No one has ever said I look stoned or angry but I've been told I look like a dead robot.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 10:16 am

I imagine the brain as a transceiver, which projects as well as receives information, and see the eyes of many autistic people as being deeply receptive. It's profound attentiveness, in some, although others seem walled-off.

I was tested for deafness, although there seemed to be no deformity or neurological impediment. I felt that parts and pieces of speech mix, in order, somewhat along the lines of what dyslexic people report, in regards to the written word. I have found that lip reading has helped me to coordinate. I remember struggling to watch the faces of teachers, as their eyes, cheeks, temples, and lips form the words, as a sort of visual aid and mnemonic device, for photographic memory. They took notice and looked away. I turn around, to see that noone else, in the class, is actually looking at the teachers.

I hear a noise, but it seems garbled. I look at people's faces, and say they wonder why.

Real life is not like being on tv or talking in front of other people. They do not expect you to be making eye contact, at all times, or would not want to be studied.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 1:21 pm

I get this a lot. The ignorant women at the factory that I worked at were always asking me what kind of drugs I did, and they asked why I was so angry all the time.