Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

metalab
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Jan 2013, 3:20 am

Did any of your parents ever kick you out of their house and cut you off of financial support? Simply on the reason they thought your old enough to go handle it on your own.

danmac
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 3:42 am

my dad didn't change any rules for me when i started collage so i had to be home at the same time and so on and so forth. one time me some friends and my girlfriend wanted to stay at a friends house all weekend and play games and watch movies, my dad saw my gf w/ me and said i had to be home that day before 10:00, grabed some clothes and went anywhy, my gf was asking me to move in so i did.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 8:28 am

^ About the same here. At eighteen, I came home half an hour late and was locked out of the house. No key, so I popped through the window. A big screaming match ensued, so I grabbed some stuff and got the heck out of there. Moving out was like shedding a hundred pound weight off my back.

iSpy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Jan 2013, 9:30 am

yep at age 18.

For my 18th b-day my mom gave to me "Your 18 it's time for you to go you have two weeks"
My dad to my mom "OMG he is still in school and he is Disabled and has no job and can never work"
Me to my mom " :D And thanking in my head "I moving on out moving on out. I been praying this day will come.

I had a Apt and was out that very day and was happy. and two weeks after that it was on fire. 8O
My TV blow up and set the Apt on fire. But I got it out and did not have to move.
3 years after that the place fell down in the night with me in it. That was not a very fun night. and I had to move.
there was no saving a lot of my stuff but no one was killed. :wink:

McCool
Raven
Raven

07 Jan 2013, 9:55 am

Mine did not. I moved out because they wouldn't let me grow up. When I moved out, I was 19 and working 2 part time jobs, and I was still following all the same rules that I did in high school.

bethmc
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Jan 2013, 10:19 am

I was trying to move out at 12...but Mom said no, not until I was 18.

So within a week or so of turning 18, I was OUT!
It's been hard at times, but I was so much happier.

i can (obviously) come off as really abrupt and my tone can sound sharpish, so feel free to ask me to clarify

emimeni
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 10:31 am

My parents threw me out of the house into a seedy residential care facility shortly before I was diagnosed with autism. My mom threatened to consider taking away my guardianship if I didn't sign the paperwork to go in. Now she says my mental health team "ganged up on me". No, they were trying to talk me out of it! Very painful memory. And yes, it was based on the fact that I was an adult.