Do you dwell on stuff for long periods of time?

Page 3 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 2:02 am

Not to mention being entranced by observing the circular motion of a whirlpool! I could watch whirlpools for hours!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

invisiblesilent
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 2:13 am

Dreycrux wrote:
Sylvastor wrote:
I read that most autistic people are fascinated by slow moving fluids).

lol! 8O

That was my reaction too. That is roughly equivalent to saying that most autistic people prefer a particular flavour of ice-cream or that most autistic people dislike toast. I read something once, I forgot who said it, which sums things up for me: "Once you've met one autistic person, you've met one autistic person".

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 3:51 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6HpgyTVRYY[/youtube]o..m..g.... amazing!! !! 8O

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 11:08 am

Me too!! It explains why I got in so much trouble as a kid,I really liked to flush the toilet a lot to watch the water spin.
And I turned the neighbors hose on and watched the water flow across the back yard.
They were so mad!! !! ! It ran for quite a while,they noticed it flowing from the back yard to the front.My folks were not happy either.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 4:41 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Me too!! It explains why I got in so much trouble as a kid,I really liked to flush the toilet a lot to watch the water spin.
And I turned the neighbors hose on and watched the water flow across the back yard.
They were so mad!! !! ! It ran for quite a while,they noticed it flowing from the back yard to the front.My folks were not happy either.
I used to do the same exact thing as a kid I alsu used to watch the water go down the drain in the form of a whirl pool in the bathroom sink for hours!

Murderface
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Jan 2013, 5:01 pm

Whirlpools and the spinning washing machine as a child, the lid had to be up so it would not unbalance. Would stare at that through the whole cycle. Still love whirlpools.

You are very likely an Aspie

Sylvastor
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 5:06 pm

How could I forget about washing machines!

I used to watch them as a little kid
As a little kid I also liked to open it when it was not in use and empty, put my head inside and rotate the cylinder and spectate its reflection shimmering in the weak light entering it. I also liked talking then because it had such a nice echo! :D

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 8:55 pm

I will also dwell on dinosaurs as well *rawr*!

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 9:25 pm

For some strange reason I am starting to get hyper excited with the urge to squeel jump up and down and flap my hands! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 10:47 pm

Sometimes when I'm driving and the shadows of trees are streched out long on the road they kind of have a hypnotic effect,ever watch the high wires on the side of the road swoop as you are moving?
I could ride in a tilt- a- whirl for hours,but not a ferris wheel,I did that once and the person with me started rocking it and it was on the very top stopped,I thought I was going to die.
But I love to spin!! !

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2013, 12:20 am

Misslizard wrote:
Sometimes when I'm driving and the shadows of trees are streched out long on the road they kind of have a hypnotic effect,ever watch the high wires on the side of the road swoop as you are moving?
I could ride in a tilt- a- whirl for hours,but not a ferris wheel,I did that once and the person with me started rocking it and it was on the very top stopped,I thought I was going to die.
But I love to spin!! !
At night its the street lights as I drive or ride in a car!I spin when I get very excited too and when I swim in a round enough pool I will swim clockwise several times generating a current thus creating a whirlpool and then I swim to the center and spin! Weee!

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

08 Jan 2013, 7:38 am

Yes, I often dwell/focus on things that interest me for long periods of time.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2013, 9:30 am

I liked to get in the rope swing and twist it as tight as I could and then SPIN,I would do this over and over.Sometimes just stare at the fish in the tank.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2013, 12:02 pm

If I like a music video,song, or some movie scenes I will watch them over and over.I love my you tube favorites collection.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2013, 5:26 pm

another_1 wrote:
Hmmmmmmmm . . . you ask a bunch of Autistics if any of them engage in behaviour which is very common among Autistics.

My guess if that you'll get a lot of "yes"es. :lol:

I'll be the first - YES!
I was just wondering because I do alot of this and wondering how many others do this? :lol: :oops: some of my randome obsessions might trigger others obsessions resulting on dwelling on stuff followed by getting hyper and stimming!! :o ...at least I might anyway.

Konstans
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Jan 2013, 11:36 pm

Anyone remember the old windows screensaver? I think it must have been win 3.11 or even win 95. Anyway, it was a never ending flow of windows logos streaming towards you. I could watch it for hours.