Page 2 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

emimeni
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2013, 10:04 pm

I rarely repeat back something to understand it better. I never repeat the whole sentence. A little more often, I whisper what somebody has said. I think it's a tic.

I do repeat my thoughts out loud a lot. Sometimes I repeat a word a few times. I never do it in public unless I forget other people are around, though.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2013, 10:04 pm

Verdandi wrote:
thomas81 wrote:
I think i have 'Palilalia' which i think is basically reverse Echolalia.

ever since childhood, i would repeat my own words and talk to myself.

I do this too. You can have both.
I also do this.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Abstract_Logic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2013, 11:16 pm

Mikomi wrote:
Does anyone else ever get thoughts, names, words, or other random noises or sounds stuck in their head on repeat? I don't know if it is echolalia, but it happens to me often and it is extremely annoying.

I do that all the time in my head. It rarely gets annoying; most of the time I enjoy it. I find that I do it automatically.

RPG enthusiast
Has OCD, social anxiety, CPTSD

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2013, 12:32 am

I've got the oompa loompa song stuck in my head right now! Oompa..loompa..doobadeedoo..we've got another puzzle for you ommpa..loompa..doobadee..dee..if you are wise you'd listen to me..

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

JWS
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Jan 2013, 12:35 am

I OFTEN get some words or some song that wants to repeat endlessly in my head! I also have palilalia, and sometimes will repeat a few of my spoken words, like I'm still trying to make sure I've said the right thing, or something like that!
CAN get very aggravating, after a while!....after a while!...after a while!....:-)

Folza
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Jan 2013, 1:30 am

I seem to always have some thought going on in my head after listening to music or watching a movie. I just saw Django for the 2nd time on Sunday, in a period of two weeks, and I can't stop saying "Avetezend" in my head to myself and to others when I'm saying goodbye XD

People think I've suddenly learned German. Haha

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2013, 2:32 am

Every once in a while I'll get a sentence from a movie stuck in my head and I end up repeating it to myself over and over, it's usually a sentence I like rather than just a random one, and I repeat it because I like how it sounds, because after saying it several times it starts to lose whatever cognitive or emotional impact it had originally.

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!

Falloy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jan 2013, 5:53 am

thomas81 wrote:
I

I make up nonsense words based on words, or parts of words, that I like the sound of. I say them to myself and although I don't attribute meanings to them they often end up as names for my cat :oops:

I feel compelled to do this and become uncomfortable if I can't do this for some time. The compulsion gets worse when I feel stressed or if I feel flooded with bad memories. I have to be careful not to say the words out loud when in company.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2013, 12:34 pm

Yes this happens to me. I just saw it as normal.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

HereBeDragons
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2013, 2:32 pm

Magnanimous wrote:
I mimic things I hear sometimes, if that counts. Don't try to, it just happens.

Ditto. I'm a bit of a bird-watcher, so it helps.

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2013, 4:26 pm

My son had/has echolalia, and sometimes we act out scenes from his favorite movies. He had a mind-boggling knack for repeating songs as an infant. When he was less than 1 year old, he knew every Fleet Foxes song by heart after just a couple of listens. 8O Around that same time, I heard him singing "Low Rider" by War after hearing it only once, several months before. He sings better than most kids, too--and that's not just the mommy talking. :D

The downside of it is that if I'm standing at the stove, he'll come in and grab my shirt hem and pull on it and shout, "How dare you cook in my kitchen!! !" from Ratatouille. :roll:

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2013, 4:33 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
I've got the oompa loompa song stuck in my head right now! Oompa..loompa..doobadeedoo..we've got another puzzle for you ommpa..loompa..doobadee..dee..if you are wise you'd listen to me..

:lol: :lol: That made me laugh,I was suppose to be a Oompa Loopa in a school play but had anxiety and played sick,now I have that song stuck in my head ha ha.

FishStickNick
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2013, 5:22 pm

I don't know if it's considerd delayed echolalia, but I'll often mimic or recite lines from movies and such. :D

thomas81 wrote:

Yep, I used to do this as a kid. I still catch myself doing it sometimes.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2013, 7:40 pm

Misslizard wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:

:lol: :lol: That made me laugh,I was suppose to be a Oompa Loopa in a school play but had anxiety and played sick,now I have that song stuck in my head ha ha.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja8V8Mf4xLs[/youtube] :lol: Imagine pulling a phone prank on someone everytime the person picks up the phone the person hears Oompa Loompa dooba dee doo. Have it on autodial with a phone number scrambler so the number cant be traced or use skype do it about 5 times and call it a day the person on the other side will be annoyed frustrated and have the oompa loompa song in their head. :lol:

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2013, 7:45 pm

^^^^^Ha ha!!!once I put "Hello,I love you won't you tell me your name" from the Doors on my machine but everyone hung up.

Eloa
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2013, 8:07 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
Verdandi wrote:
thomas81 wrote:

I do this too. You can have both.
I also do this.

This.
And Echolalia, but less.
I also often have parts of music repeatedly playing in my head, especially when I have to do tasks like going to a shop, as I get auditive and visual overload like sounds and vision becomes a caleidoskope and my head needs a stable repetitive pattern and then often the same music comes up into my head, mainly passages from classical music.
For me it is a kind of stimming at that moment, because I do already stim in movement (hands), but it is not sufficient in these situations.
I also have "Palilalia" when I try to think verbally.
I cannot think: "I go to brush my teath" if I do not direct it like writing on this board.
(I can only react to visual images occuring in my head)
If I do not direct language in this way, I cannot form sentenses in my head at all and I have Palilalia or Echolalia.

English is not my native language, so I will very likely do mistakes in writing or understanding. My edits are due to corrections of mistakes, which I sometimes recognize just after submitting a text.