I get in trouble a lot. Did you as a child?

Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Kaelynn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Jun 2012, 1:20 am

I have ADD, aspergers and pretty much every thing else. Anyway, Im very impulsive and I always get in trouble with my mom for saying some thing I either didnt mean or was stupid. I also get in trouble when I get really mad and dont have self control. Last week I got really mad and I threw my phone at a wall, my mom yelled at me and took my phone away for 6 weeks. Another time I got mad was when a 4 year old girl kept steeling my ipod and my dogs leash out of my hands I got in her face and yelled at her. I always get myself into trouble by doing something like that. Do you do that? Or did you as a child? Please tell me it gets better and I will learn to stop being implusive. I hate when people are mad at me!

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2012, 1:30 am

I was in trouble a lot as a kid as well. I was very impulsive and I had therapy for it. If it weren't for that, I may not be as good as I am now. Plus I have understanding people and that is all what it takes too. Occasionally I will say something I know is rude without thinking and luckily no one reacts badly to it. My mother just laughs.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

edgewaters
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2012, 2:30 am

I was when I was a kid.

I remember when I was about 7, I had a falling out with my best friend over some slight (can't remember what it was, possibly imagined) so I took a rock and scratched "F... YOU, ____" in giant letters about 4 feet high and 30 feet long across the front of the school. Stuff like that. Got myself in a good deal of trouble.

Now I have no impulsiveness at all it seems.

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2012, 3:17 am

I was in trouble ALL the time when I was a kid. Things were a bit different back then but kids never change :lol: When I was 5 I hit a kid in the head with a toy because he cut in front of me at the drinking fountain in kindergarten, split his scalp open. I would also climb the chain link fence at kindergarten and go explore the city. I would always come back but we were in a pretty ghetto part of town. About a year later, when I was 6, we had moved to a condo and I wrote all over a wall in the community with a walnut still in a green husk right off the tree. I don't know if you know this but the oil in the green husk is impossible to wash off :lol: Then I would stay out til midnight and never could figure out why my parents stayed up waiting for me and worrying. That was also the year I discovered fire crackers and bottle rockets along with the joy of matches. Many things were blown up :lol: I also made a giant fire cracker using the powder from a bunch of fire crackers, some toilet paper, and tape all wrapped up tight. It worked and it was loud and got me in trouble.

About a year after that we moved to a house and there were other kids my age in the neighborhood. My mother would always push me to play with them, and I did when I figured out it gave me access to their toys. I would get in trouble playing with them too. One of them slammed a sliding glass door on my fingers so I beat the crap out of him. That's when I learned about injustice because I was the one that got in trouble, missing finger nail and all :lol: Another time a different kid threw a mud ball at me when I wasn't looking and it hit me in the side of the face. I'm talking like baseball size mud ball. So I chased him and pinned him down in some juniper bushes. I happened to notice a cat turd close by so I broke off a branch and speared it. My intent was to make him eat it but I only managed to smear it all over his face. I got in trouble for that too, with a big welt on the side of my face. Then there was this racist family. All of them hated me, even the parents. They would blame me for things I didn't do. When I got a hold of a BB gun out of some stuff that was left to be dumped out on a curb there were some broken windows :lol: I think that was my first encounter with the police at around 8.

Anyway that's about the pattern of my childhood. It just got worse with age until I was in my early 20's.

questor
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2012, 3:46 am

Well, if you break your phone, your mom should not replace it. As for things like that little kid, you should put the ipod out of reach of the kid and you should walk away from anyone trying to take the dog leash out of your hand. While you are walking the dog, you are responsible for it, so you need to keep control of the leash, unless you ask an adult to hold onto the leash for a good reason--like you need to go in and use a public rest room. Basically, when things start to get out of hand, walk away. When things go wrong at home, go to your room, dim the lights, and play some nice, quiet music to help you calm down.

jamieevren1210
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2012, 4:49 am

hell yeah.

tchek
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Jun 2012, 5:34 am

It is a case of Frustration Intolerance/Instant Gratification issue.

It can get better but it's up to you. When frustration/anger is coming in you can choose to act out or to step back and try to solve the problem in a rational way.

As an aspie, this is hard to deal with, because of the blackout that occurs when frustrated, which prevent us to deal with the issue properly. It can make us the target of abuse by manipulative perverts.

2wheels4ever
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2012, 10:30 am

I liken it to being given a script which I was expected to follow while the other characters were free to ad-lib as they saw fit

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2012, 11:01 am

I often got into trouble as a child and teen. Not for the things normal people got into trouble, but for being aversive to touch (it was read as disrespect when you pulled back just before a teacher was to put their hand on your shoulder, knowing it would be painful), painting or drawing in class (it helped me retain the information permanently), or for always looking like I was doing the "potty dance." Also not following the mainstream trend in clothing got me called to the office by teachers who liked to call me "Columbine Kid" for wearing camo and black industrial band shirts (it was not in violation of the dress code rules-I read thos rules religiously to defend my case).

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2012, 11:15 am

i always got into trouble even when i became a adult.
i remember as a kid stealing things just for fun of it basically i could have been mild kleptomaniac.
or just because i was denied fine things at home so i resorted to stealing things
i was once caught for stealing pencil and was reprimanded badly can't remember much
since i was quite small that time maybe in 2nd grade
but yes many children avoided me because i was always dressed poorly, uniform torn,
shoes torn, hair dishevelled
for a longtime even after becoming adult i didn't understand social cues so would end up getting
humiliating and its just recently that i started avoiding social outings or get togethers.
as long as i avoid people things are fine but when i try to interact either i am bullied, victimized or
abused.

NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2012, 11:16 am

I was a good little girl mostly. I only had issues with several teachers, most notably in the 6th grade. I didn't like for others to bother me so I believed the best way was to stay out of sight of trouble.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2012, 2:37 pm

Only intentionally, and only when I was older, not when I was small. When I was 14 I used to be a rebel when I was with my cousin (who was the same age). He used to dare me to do something bad and I used to do it, then end up getting yelled at by someone. I remember once there was 3 boxes of recycled bottles stacked outside somebody's gate, and he dared me to knock the boxes down, so I did, but I wasn't planning on all 3 of them falling but they did, and about 100 bottles all rolled into the road and car-drivers got really angry. We got found out, and a woman (don't know where she came from) went marching up to me and gave me a bollocking, and I didn't like being told off by her so I said, ''OK, I am sorry, I will go and pick them up now.''

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2012, 3:50 pm

Oh yes.

It's quite entertaining to think back to some of it now. It was downright horrible and unfair back then however.

Something that I felt was awful when it happened but that I think is quite funny (just because the adults behaved like idiots) in retrospective:

at around age 14, I kept repeating "no" upon being ordered far more than 10 times to changes seats in the classroom during maths class. Changing seats? No way, the idea of changing my seat for a seat of the middle row, a not-my-seat, was freaking me out! Stupid classmates too, I didn't want to sit next to those super noisy oh-look-at-our-shiny-clothes girls who chattered away loudly all day.

Therefore, I resisted, thinking at first that it would be just fine if I said no and insisted on keeping my seat.

It was not.

The teacher had quickly progressed to getting up from her chair so that she was standing opposite of me (my desk was right in front of the teacher's desk) and she'd progressed to yelling at me so that I clapped my hands over my ears to shield them from the noise. I jumped up and kept shouting "no" back at her when she'd repeat herself again and again.

She yelled that she thought that I was mentally deranged, that I had to be the most defective person around and that my single parent had done a horrible job on me and that they had to be the worst for how I turned out. Not okay.

I had gotten out of my seat and had started packing my things because I knew by now that I wasn't to attack a teacher. Up until maths class, I had the best day ever which was why I was fairly composed. But I figured that if she kept shouting at me for just another minute or two, I would scratch her eyes out, bite her or smack her head against the nearest flat surface.

I had learnt the effect of insults on people some 3 years earlier and I had already figured out that insults = bad = I'll get back at you and insult you back to be even. That's as far as my social understanding of those things went back then.

So, I insulted her back, thinking about it while I was so angry that I started crying. (For me, crying was always about anger. I suppose that because I couldn't make an angry face or make my voice sound angry, crying just established itself as an expression of anger.)

I actually carefully considers that I shouldn't call her any a-words, all the f-words were not cool yet, I totally didn't know those infamous sexual innuendos yet and settled for

"stupid pig"

(I am sorry that my insult to her insulted pigs, they're quite intelligent creatures and sort of cute with all their pink)

Anyway that had been a big mistake on my part.

I swear that she probably wouldn't have let me run away from school (most teachers thought I was some intellectually impaired lunatic that would do whatever to poor innocent people) either but my insult set her off some more. In-between rambling of that I shouldn't be "let loose" on society (and me insisting that I hadn't hurt anybody so she shouldn't say such things), she made me go to the school's office for some kind of official disciplinary measure.

I started going there... and she rushed out of the classroom behind me and followed my trail close behind me like some heavily breathing (loud, again, loud! I put my fingers in my ears)

I had trouble finding the office because the break of routine and the (noise) overload had resulted in my sight going all flickery but I managed to arrive there.

The story goes on... but I'm too bored now to go into detail about that.

And this potion of the anecdote isn't exactly the fun part: they kept talking, talking, talking, talking and back then, I hardly understood a word of so much talking. They ordered me to write an account of what had happened but I didn't do it. I knew people could lie and I concluded that during this standard procedure, students could lie and write "nothing had happened".

But I couldn't even write that or write "I won't do this" because my mind had shut down in parts. So the principal figured I was to be interviewed... of course, they didn't understand that I struggled to understand speech, struggled talking, struggled in perceptive-taking, struggled to answer ambiguous and general questions as well as, was at that moment completely removed from my routine, around an unfamiliar person trying to interact with me in an unfamiliar room...

In short, it didn't work out but I was locked in (heard the clock of the lock with my fine hearing) and was tired so I didn't run away.

They didn't even call my parents even when I asked but kicked me out to go home by myself.

Fun part again:

During a disciplinary conference, they kept lying about all that I had done and claimed that I had kicked chairs, thrown my stuff at people and said all kinds of things... right. Didn't happen.

The teacher was clinically obese and claimed that I had called er "fat cow" or "fat pig". I explained, in great length and detail that I had not called her "fat" (and that, in fact, I had called her "stupid pig" for behaving irrationally emotional and thus "stupidly" in my opinion) because, I went on, I had learnt that I was not to call obese people "fat" or otherwise describe their body form because it was considered "bad manners". I added that I wouldn't insult her for something like that because it wasn't something she could just change at one moment unlike her sudden outburst of very rude and stupid behaviour.

That was pure genius of me (irony). The teachers totally went bonkers.

I hadn't meant anything by it, size of body didn't mean a thing to me. I didn't yet comprehend that my lengthy and neutral explanation and my pointing out of her obesity was a social "taboo". I also had basically called her by adjectives meaning "stupid" again and again during my explanation which they didn't... like much.

It was all quite hilarious. The teachers were also all quite ignorant and inexperienced except for one. I wonder if they debated kicking me out. It's too bad they didn't, some good may have come out of it if they had kicked me out of that school full of incompetent folks.

Edit: oh, completely forgot why I look back upon this with nothing but "sad humour".

The main reason is that during the conference they repeated themselves loudly and clearly about that I should be "tied down". I suppose that my "horrible" behaviour at schools during ages 11-13/14 left quite the impression on grown elderly adults.

Them saying that makes me laugh now though because they acted all superior, acted all "better-than-Sora" and kept telling that "we just want to help you, Sora" but demanding for a not-yet-full-grown kid to be "tied down" is such a horrible thing and secretly tells a lot about how such a person who is pretending to be superior is an ignorant and hateful fool.

They didn't know what they were talking about (the reality of how "tied down" and "locked up" is real abuse) and that is exactly why I can't take all the disgusting statements about me and my supposedly "horrible behaviour" serious today.

Sylph
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Jun 2012, 6:20 pm

I did get into trouble a few times, even though I was nearly mute as a child. At age 6 I pushed a kid I didn't like off a tree, it wasn't even a long fall about 6 feet. I was 5 when I beat up a kid that was bullying me, the school I was in back than didn't do much about bullying. I was about 9 when I threw rocks at other students, even now I still get into trouble.

Matto
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Jan 2013, 11:12 am

In middle school, I got in a few fights, but those were really the least of my worries (I won)

When I was a kid, I pick-pocketed the kids in my class, only to sneak whatever I stole into their pockets again. I'm not sure why I do that, but I did that with my girlfriend, and that's where we are now :)

I still get in trouble now when I don't make eye contact with someone or tic when I can't suppress it. I don't care. They'll understand someday.

Sanctus
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2013, 11:14 am

I got in trouble with teachers sometimes, because I didn't accept authority. At least not if a teacher was doing something really stupid. I never understood why having a certain job would make you superior to anyone. When I thought a teacher had done something wrong, I just had to protest.