Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

SandsOfTheSoul
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Jan 2013, 7:29 pm

Does anyone when they are bored speaking to someone 'warp' that persons face in their minds? Sort of like a Picasso painting lol. Doesn't have to be a face, it can be an object too. Exercise for the imagination or dissatisfaction with reality?

whirlingmind
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2013, 7:40 pm

Don't think I do this, but if I have to look at someone's face for a long time their face might start to look weirder and weirder, and I might start thinking of weird random things because I'm not that interested in what they are saying.

DX AS & both daughters on the autistic spectrum

Last edited by whirlingmind on 15 Jan 2013, 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SandsOfTheSoul
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Jan 2013, 7:41 pm

Yeah same here

whirlingmind
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2013, 7:46 pm

I think it's because our minds can't stay still, they are constantly thinking and analysing, so if we are bored we make our own entertainment!

DX AS & both daughters on the autistic spectrum

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2013, 8:22 pm

I do something similar, too. Such as imagining heavy ugly makeup on the face of whoever happens to be speaking to me or that person twisting his/her face etc. I never really thought much about this habit of mine, but your post just reminded me of that.

Sylvastor
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2013, 9:43 pm

I think certain gestures look funny (funniest one is nodding in my opinion), so when I'm very bored I start paying attention to that. However, nowadays I tend to suppress that and focus on other things because otherwise I have to fight the urge to laugh and I don't want to offend the person talking to me if I suddenly can't hold it anymore. Usually it's enough to just spectate one funny gesture and I'm no more bored and have a hard time staying calm. :lol:

But when I'm just bored my thoughts just start to drift off which requires more concentration to be able to follow the conversation.

charlottez
Raven
Raven

15 Jan 2013, 9:47 pm

I wish I could! I will now!