Page 1 of 8 [ 121 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

iceveela
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 16 Aug 2011
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Posts: 438

19 Jan 2012, 10:57 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/leonardo/thinker_quiz/BBC

I found out this little test from BBC a little bit ago. I am a Naturalist Thinker. This reallt describes my thinking patterns, etc when it comes in line to nature.

I am, Yet again, Like Leonardo Da Vinci. One of many times I have been compared to him by association.

What is YOUR thinking pattern?


_________________
Aspie score: 164/200
NT score: 60/200
You are very likely an Aspie!

AQ: 36


Mdyar
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 May 2009
Age: 56
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,516

19 Jan 2012, 11:05 pm

Quote:
You are an Existential Thinker



SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Mar 2011
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,903

19 Jan 2012, 11:14 pm

Quote:
You are a Spatial Thinker

Spatial Thinkers:
-Tend to think in pictures, and can develop good mental models of the physical world.
-Think well in three dimensions
-Have a flair for working with objects

Like other spatial thinkers, Leonardo had a talent for designing buildings and machinery. He also invented a new style of map making

Other Spatial Thinkers include
Pablo Picasso, Michelangelo, Isambard Kingdom Brunel

Careers which suit Spatial Thinkers include
Mechanic, Photographer, Artist, Architect, Engineer, Builder, Set designer


_________________
Remember, all atrocities begin in a sensible place.


abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Apr 2007
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,380

19 Jan 2012, 11:16 pm

I am a musical thinker.

Somehow I am not surprised :lol:


_________________
A shot gun blast into the face of deceit
You'll gain your just reward.
We'll not rest until the purge is complete
You will reap what you've sown.


puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Apr 2010
Age: 35
Gender: Female
Posts: 8,777
Location: Cottonopolis

19 Jan 2012, 11:17 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/leonardo/t ... wers.shtml

:lol:


_________________
Zombies, zombies will tear us apart...again.


GodheadsLament1
Butterfly
Butterfly

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jan 2012
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 12
Location: United States

19 Jan 2012, 11:18 pm

You are a Musical Thinker.

Musical thinkers:
Tend to think in sounds, and may also think in rhythms and melodies.
Are sensitive to the sounds and rhythms of words as well as their meanings.
Feel a strong connection between music and emotions.

Like many musical thinkers, Leonardo loved to sing, and had a fine voice.
Other Musical Thinkers include Mozart, John Lennon, Jimi Hendrix.
Careers which suit Musical Thinkers include Musician, Music teacher, Sound engineer, Recording technician.


_________________
I was taken away from my plight
A treason bestowed to the crowd
Branded a jonah with fevered blood
Ungodly freak, defiler


valerieclaires
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2011
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Posts: 56

19 Jan 2012, 11:28 pm

SammichEater wrote:
Quote:
You are a Spatial Thinker

Spatial Thinkers:
-Tend to think in pictures, and can develop good mental models of the physical world.
-Think well in three dimensions
-Have a flair for working with objects

Like other spatial thinkers, Leonardo had a talent for designing buildings and machinery. He also invented a new style of map making

Other Spatial Thinkers include
Pablo Picasso, Michelangelo, Isambard Kingdom Brunel

Careers which suit Spatial Thinkers include
Mechanic, Photographer, Artist, Architect, Engineer, Builder, Set designer


I got spatial thinker, too.



Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Oct 2011
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,749
Location: USA

19 Jan 2012, 11:38 pm

I got 4 things (linguist, spacial, musical, and naturalist) at the same time.

Ok...


_________________
Cinnamon and sugary
Softly Spoken lies
You never know just how you look
Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html


jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Age: 44
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,341
Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

19 Jan 2012, 11:42 pm

"You are a Spatial Thinker
Spatial Thinkers:
Tend to think in pictures, and can develop good mental models of the physical world.
Think well in three dimensions
Have a flair for working with objects
Like other spatial thinkers, Leonardo had a talent for designing buildings and machinery. He also invented a new style of map making Other Spatial Thinkers include
Pablo Picasso, Michelangelo, Isambard Kingdom Brunel

Careers which suit Spatial Thinkers include
Mechanic, Photographer, Artist, Architect, Engineer, Builder, Set designer"


I have to agree...cuz I am an artist and a poet for over 20 years
art defines me. It also gives me permision to be weird...it is kinda expected in artist circles.
trust me, art school is aspie haven....fraternities are the least popular, jocks are looked down on and the weirder, the more orgional you are...the more popular you are. I remember when my dad dropped me off at art school and several transexuals in cheerleading outfits were cheering and doing car washes. I thought it was great...my dad turned white as a ghost. Things did not get better for him on parrents day when he saw some guy in black leather thigh high transformer boots and was covered in chains and leather from head to toe.

They had a best hair contest...the white chic with purple waist long matted dreads won.
I had a long straight blue wig for a while....my hair is too dark to bleach to white to dye blue.
The homeless folks called me lady smurf. :smurfin:
I kinda liked hanging out with them. If I had food left over from lunch, I would sneak it out and lay it on a park bench they frequented. I always had compassion for the homeless since I been in Savannah, Ga. I used to hang out with a street muscian. He taught me alot how ppl end up on the street. His name was Eddie...and he could play the trumpet like a pro.
I think about him from time to time. May write a poem about him soon.

How did I end up here from there...Sorry so random.

Jojo


_________________
All art is a kind of confession, more or less oblique. All artists, if they are to survive, are forced, at last, to tell the whole story; to vomit the anguish up.
-James Baldwin


clm22
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jan 2012
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 24
Location: Right now, Arizona

19 Jan 2012, 11:45 pm

Naturalist Thinkers
--Like to understand the natural world, and the living beings that inhabit it
--have an aptitude for communicating with animals
--You try to understand patterns of life and natural forces

I used to collect pages of knowledge about animals when I was younger for some weird reason :p So it might make a little sense :)



Last edited by clm22 on 20 Jan 2012, 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dancing_penguin
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 6 Jul 2011
Age: 36
Gender: Female
Posts: 178
Location: out of the loop

19 Jan 2012, 11:52 pm

I ended up with Logical-mathematical thinker:

"You are a Logical-Mathematical Thinker
Logical-Mathematical thinkers:
Like to understand patterns and relationships between objects or actions
Try to understand the world in terms of causes and effects
Are good at thinking critically, and solving problems creatively
Like Logical-Mathematical thinkers, Leonardo based his theories on evidence rather than speculation.

Other Logical-Mathematical Thinkers include
Isaac Newton, Archimedes, Albert Einstein

Careers which suit Logical-Mathematical thinkers include
Physicist, Chemist, Biologist, Lawyer, Computer programmer, Engineer, Inventor"


_________________
Beware of geeks bearing gifts.


goodwitchy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Age: 55
Gender: Female
Posts: 785
Location: Interplanetary

20 Jan 2012, 12:04 am

You are a Musical Thinker
Musical thinkers:

* Tend to think in sounds, and may also think in rhythms and melodies
* Are sensitive to the sounds and rhythms of words as well as their meanings.
* Feel a strong connection between music and emotions


8)


_________________
Aspie score: 161 of 200
Neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 38 of 200
Autistic/BAP -123 aloof, 124 rigid and 108 pragmatic
Autism Spectrum quotient: 41, Empathy Quotient: 19


jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Age: 44
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,341
Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

20 Jan 2012, 12:10 am

goodwitchy wrote:
You are a Musical Thinker
Musical thinkers:

* Tend to think in sounds, and may also think in rhythms and melodies
* Are sensitive to the sounds and rhythms of words as well as their meanings.
* Feel a strong connection between music and emotions


8)


my brother communicates through music. The songs that matter the most to him at the moment reflect his current experience. Most the time, he just posts music videos on facebook.
Are you like that??


_________________
All art is a kind of confession, more or less oblique. All artists, if they are to survive, are forced, at last, to tell the whole story; to vomit the anguish up.
-James Baldwin


goodwitchy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Age: 55
Gender: Female
Posts: 785
Location: Interplanetary

20 Jan 2012, 12:26 am

jojobean wrote:
goodwitchy wrote:
You are a Musical Thinker
Musical thinkers:

* Tend to think in sounds, and may also think in rhythms and melodies
* Are sensitive to the sounds and rhythms of words as well as their meanings.
* Feel a strong connection between music and emotions


8)


my brother communicates through music. The songs that matter the most to him at the moment reflect his current experience. Most the time, he just posts music videos on facebook.
Are you like that??


I'm working on a music video now (my first vid). I usually write funny / quirky lyric songs (I've been told I have a "unique" sense of humor). But the latest one is kinda personal and not really funny which is why it's taking me forever.


That's so cool your brother does that. What a great idea.
Does he play instruments? Has he ever posted his music in this forum? (because I'd really like to hear it if it's not too personal).

I play a little acoustic guitar, but I'm addicted to "Garage Band" (mac software); these days, it's possible to write/record songs without knowing how to play an instrument.


_________________
Aspie score: 161 of 200
Neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 38 of 200
Autistic/BAP -123 aloof, 124 rigid and 108 pragmatic
Autism Spectrum quotient: 41, Empathy Quotient: 19


jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Age: 44
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,341
Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

20 Jan 2012, 12:47 am

goodwitchy wrote:
jojobean wrote:
goodwitchy wrote:
You are a Musical Thinker
Musical thinkers:

* Tend to think in sounds, and may also think in rhythms and melodies
* Are sensitive to the sounds and rhythms of words as well as their meanings.
* Feel a strong connection between music and emotions


8)


my brother communicates through music. The songs that matter the most to him at the moment reflect his current experience. Most the time, he just posts music videos on facebook.
Are you like that??


I'm working on a music video now (my first vid). I usually write funny / quirky lyric songs (I've been told I have a "unique" sense of humor). But the latest one is kinda personal and not really funny which is why it's taking me forever.


That's so cool your brother does that. What a great idea.
Does he play instruments? Has he ever posted his music in this forum? (because I'd really like to hear it if it's not too personal).

I play a little acoustic guitar, but I'm addicted to "Garage Band" (mac software); these days, it's possible to write/record songs without knowing how to play an instrument.


He is a good singer, thats about it. He is also a type A personality NT, so he doesnt use wromgplanet. But he loves everything about cars and most of his life has been either fixing them, buying them, towing them, selling parts for them, or driving them across country.
However there in another side of my brother most people dont see...he can fully explain Einstien's theory of relativity while cleaning the dirt from his nails with a pocket knife. 8O
He is also very sensitive and soulful and loves many kinds of music. If I am in the big disiel truck of his which I about need a step stool to get into, he will have some song on his droid hooked to his speakers...usually that song is what he wants to say to me.
He doesnt produce his own music, becides perfectly pitched parodies, but he supports local musicians the best he can.
People in 5 counties know my brother...I am just known as his autistic sister.


_________________
All art is a kind of confession, more or less oblique. All artists, if they are to survive, are forced, at last, to tell the whole story; to vomit the anguish up.
-James Baldwin


goodwitchy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Age: 55
Gender: Female
Posts: 785
Location: Interplanetary

20 Jan 2012, 12:58 am

jojobean wrote:
goodwitchy wrote:
jojobean wrote:
goodwitchy wrote:
You are a Musical Thinker
Musical thinkers:

* Tend to think in sounds, and may also think in rhythms and melodies
* Are sensitive to the sounds and rhythms of words as well as their meanings.
* Feel a strong connection between music and emotions


8)


my brother communicates through music. The songs that matter the most to him at the moment reflect his current experience. Most the time, he just posts music videos on facebook.
Are you like that??


I'm working on a music video now (my first vid). I usually write funny / quirky lyric songs (I've been told I have a "unique" sense of humor). But the latest one is kinda personal and not really funny which is why it's taking me forever.


That's so cool your brother does that. What a great idea.
Does he play instruments? Has he ever posted his music in this forum? (because I'd really like to hear it if it's not too personal).

I play a little acoustic guitar, but I'm addicted to "Garage Band" (mac software); these days, it's possible to write/record songs without knowing how to play an instrument.


He is a good singer, thats about it. He is also a type A personality NT, so he doesnt use wromgplanet. But he loves everything about cars and most of his life has been either fixing them, buying them, towing them, selling parts for them, or driving them across country.
However there in another side of my brother most people dont see...he can fully explain Einstien's theory of relativity while cleaning the dirt from his nails with a pocket knife. 8O
He is also very sensitive and soulful and loves many kinds of music. If I am in the big disiel truck of his which I about need a step stool to get into, he will have some song on his droid hooked to his speakers...usually that song is what he wants to say to me.
He doesnt produce his own music, becides perfectly pitched parodies, but he supports local musicians the best he can.
People in 5 counties know my brother...I am just known as his autistic sister.



Jojo, you're not your brother's autistic sister, you're you.
I read above, you're an artist and a poet. Do you have poems and/or art online that you would share?

What you wrote about the cheerleader transsexuals and your dad turning white = *lol*


_________________
Aspie score: 161 of 200
Neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 38 of 200
Autistic/BAP -123 aloof, 124 rigid and 108 pragmatic
Autism Spectrum quotient: 41, Empathy Quotient: 19