...neither? 36%  36%  [ 8 ]
Or do you not know? 9%  9%  [ 2 ]
Or does the question not make sense to you? 18%  18%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 22

MindWithoutWalls
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2013, 6:14 pm

I tend to feel guilty when other people do things that are wrong (even if their actions have nothing to do with me and don't affect me at all - rather, just from knowing they did a bad thing). For example, I feel guilty if I find out someone else has lied or if I hear someone tell what I know is a lie. I also tend to feel guilty when bad things happen to me, whether it's just bad circumstances or because someone else is doing something to hurt me. I know that second one can result from abuse. I also know spectrumites can have experiences that, technically abusive or not, can be hard to understand or interpret, so the result could be the same, regardless of the actual level of abusiveness.

I'm wondering if anyone else would like to comment on this sort of thing. I'm curious to know what people have to say about what they've experienced, how they feel, and why. Thanks for your responses!

Loitering is encouraged at The Wayshelter: http://wayshelter.com

answeraspergers
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2013, 10:49 pm

You have holes in your boundary function

I had the same issue in tennis - I felt BAD winning

Guilt and shame are primary emotions and you may have been conditioned by childhood towards these emotions attached to very deep beliefs you have

chlov
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 8:51 am

The question doesn't make sense for me. Why should someone feel guilty without a reason?
I never feel guilty.

One-Winged-Angel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 9:41 am

It's not necessarily unjustified and illogical. If you see someone do something that's against your moral code then odds are you have a chance to stop them or call attention to what they're doing. Maybe you just feel that it's your responsibility to do so and you feel guilty over your inaction. The same goes for when someone hurts you. You might just be feeling guilty that you allowed yourself to be taken advantage of.

MindWithoutWalls
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2013, 7:17 pm

You make sense, answeraspergers. I think that, for me, your answer comes closest, though I also understand the other responses given and see how they could be truest for others. Thanks, all, for replying, including those who took the poll but didn't post.

Loitering is encouraged at The Wayshelter: http://wayshelter.com