Whats wrong with me, why do I have no luck in dating?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

MikeW999
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Feb 2013, 5:07 pm

I am very quiet and reserved. I catch women glancing at me but I usually think it is due to my eccentric demeanor, I am 6'2" well built and people for some reason do not like the fact I am so quiet, it seems to turn off a lot of people. Do I look ugly, or strange, be honest but not rude thanks.

Last edited by MikeW999 on 03 Feb 2013, 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

answeraspergers
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2013, 5:11 pm

you sound like me

your eyes WILL get you a lot of women

height + those eyes = people assume your quietness = aloof

InThisTogether
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2013, 5:12 pm

MikeW999 wrote:
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/397423_422122311200224_1980114552_n.jpg

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 4402_n.jpg

Those are my two most recent webcam pictures, not the best but whatever.

I am very quiet and reserved. I catch women glancing at me but I usually think it is due to my eccentric demeanor, I am 6'2" well built and people for some reason do not like the fact I am so quiet, it seems to turn off a lot of people. Do I look ugly, or strange, be honest but not rude thanks.

Your appearance is fine. And it may be that there is nothing "wrong" with you except that you have to learn to make yourself approachable or put yourself in places where you might meet a suitable mate. Not knowing you, it is hard to say because you could also have off-putting personality traits that I wouldn't know about. But I do feel confident saying that the issue is not your appearance, unless you are selecting potential mates on the basis of their appearance and are setting the bar too high. I don't mean that to be mean or rude, but sometimes people do that. They are of average appearance (nothing wrong with that) but they are only interested in people of remarkable appearance. That usually doesn't work unless you are rich or of some type of celebrity.

MikeW999
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Feb 2013, 7:52 pm

answeraspergers wrote:
you sound like me

your eyes WILL get you a lot of women

height + those eyes = people assume your quietness = aloof

Thanks man appreciate it. I guess women see me as nasty or mean. I don't know.

answeraspergers
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2013, 1:37 am

They think you the one mother warned them about etc..............just soften the eyes - dont wait too long to talk (less than one min generally in a club) and you are on a winner.

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2013, 2:58 am

I know this sounds pretty shallow but if you are just looking for a 'good time' fashionable clothes will help you more than you realize. If you're looking for something more I would recommend you join a group that centers around your interests. You will have much better luck with women who share your obsessions.