Are you so possessive of you objects that......?

Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Dirtdigger
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2013, 4:19 am

I just wonder if there are Aspies that are so possessive of their objects that they don't want others around them or even touch them. Please tell me if those people you don't want to touch your objects are the opposite sex or a different race than you or is it just anyone touching your objects or going near them. I have to admit that I've delt with my possessive nature all my life with my objects and people touching them.

singularity
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Feb 2013, 7:50 am

Art supplies. I don't want anybody touching my art supplies. I've always been that way. I'm not too crazy about having my other stuff touched or moved around (I have a certain way I like things ordered) but it's my art supplies I am the most territorial about. Now that I think about it, it makes me uncomfortable when anyone sits at my drawing table, too. MINE!

Last edited by singularity on 04 Feb 2013, 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

EMTkid
Toucan
Toucan

04 Feb 2013, 7:51 am

This may seem silly but in my truck I keep my ipod cable plugged in to the outlet at all times. It just makes things easier and I can just plug it right in when I get in. Every single time my husband drives it, it is unplugged. I understood a little bit in my last vehicle because it was kinda cramped and it was right where my stepson put his knee. But in my new vehicle, there is tons of room and its not in anyone's way. It drives me insane, and I don't say anything abut it because it seems so silly but GRR!

Also when I'm working on the ambulance, I hate it when people turn off my oxygen tanks. We are supposed to turn them completely off when not in use, because the supposedly leak, but when someone goes behind me and turns them off it bugs the crap out of me. If I leave things one way, I want it to be that way when I come back. I hate to turn on the oxygen on the inside and it not come on because its off at the tank. And I can't even complain about it because I'm the one breaking the rules.

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2013, 8:44 am

I absolutely hate it when people touch anything that's mine. I always have. My mom has always said she doesn't understand why I'm so selfish.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2013, 8:49 am

of several things yes, but i am more concerned with people entering my "cave". i have my room that is a safe place for me to unwind, and i dont like other people in there, whether i'm home or not.
for others tuching things of mine, i am not too squeemish, but i do keep an eye on the object in question at all times.
as for the demographic of my concerns, it is the same for anyone, even my parents aren't allowed in my room, nor do i let them use my tools, phone or laptop without my supervision, if at all.

chlov
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2013, 9:10 am

Yes.
I hate when people touch some of my objects. Even when my mother has to go into my room to clean it, I hate it.
The objects I don't want to be touched from other people can only be touched from me, and a small group of people (5-6 people, excluding my parents) I like.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2013, 11:11 am

I hate it when other people touch my mobile phone because their dirty skin oil will contaminate it. Also my pens, as well. I don't like letting others read my books because their sweat will warp the pages.

I guess it's more to do with germophobe etc than with possessiveness.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2013, 12:38 pm

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2013, 1:00 pm

I'm usually okay with people touching my stuff, except under two conditions:

One is when people touch the notebook I keep my drawings, cartoons, and stories in...much of what I create is of a very personal nature, and I prefer for what I show of my work to be at my discretion.

The other situation is when people touch my plushies. This is mostly bcuz when my mom would come in my room when I was a kid, her touching them usually led to them being put in a trash bag to be given to the "poor kids." I also don't like people touching them if it looks like they're just going to be carelessly tossed down somewhere when the "toucher" tires of them.

....If someone picks them up to examine them, hug them, or lovingly pet or stroke them, now, I don't mind that at all. :D

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes

Nibs91
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 Feb 2013, 1:07 pm

My bottles of cologne. People seem to think that just because I keep a bottle in my car that it's for community use! It's my bottle, I paid for it, and you don't get to smell like me. Get your own.

It really irks me for some reason. It's one of the only things I feel possessive about actually. I enjoy collecting bottles of cologne, and spend a good amount of money on them. I buy unique ones that go well with my chemistry. So please don't ask if you can use my bottle.

Dirtdigger
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2013, 1:12 pm

hanyo wrote:

Love your photos. Thanks for posting them.

I have become so obsessed with certain objects that I dearly love that I put them in the closet and cover them up.

whirlingmind
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2013, 1:59 pm

Dirtdigger wrote:
I just wonder if there are Aspies that are so possessive of their objects that they don't want others around them or even touch them. Please tell me if those people you don't want to touch your objects are the opposite sex or a different race than you or is it just anyone touching your objects or going near them. I have to admit that I've delt with my possessive nature all my life with my objects and people touching them.

I don't like anyone touching any of my stuff whatsoever, I find it very annoying. My husband thinks I'm crazy because if he puts something in a place other than that which I have decided is it's proper place (from which I don't deviate), I get cross and make him move it to where it should be.

DX AS & both daughters on the autistic spectrum

TTRSage
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Feb 2013, 2:43 pm

A week ago somebody stole the apartment complex parking space where I have parked for most for the past 17 years. It really has annoyed me. I will get it back eventually though. This has happened before and people always move on. The last time this happened, I began parking in front of the next building 70 feet away to display my disassociation with them and their petty competition.

emimeni
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2013, 3:54 pm

I can be quite possessive sometimes, but it seems to pop up randomly and not very often. I just get anxious sometimes when people touch my things.

chlov
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2013, 4:15 pm

jk1 wrote:
I hate it when other people touch my mobile phone because their dirty skin oil will contaminate it. Also my pens, as well. I don't like letting others read my books because their sweat will warp the pages.

This looks much like me.
I have the need to wash my things after people touch them.
I also have the need to wash myself after someone touches me, or simply after I've been out of my house.

cakey
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Feb 2013, 4:27 pm

Only things that I consider really special and I suspect the other person will treat it like a plain object. I have only a very few things like that.