Easier to connect to opposite gender?

Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Ai_Ling
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2013, 2:46 pm

Im a girl and I find guys easier to get along with. I dont know what it is sometimes? Even when its dealing with male authority figures or just working with males, I normally find them easier to work with. For aspies, maybe this has to do with the same-sex expectations. Other women expect aspie females to be empathetic and bond and thats hard for female aspies to do. And NT guys expect aspie guys to be competative and engage in male-male repoire. Whereas the opposite sex doesnt have those expectations of us to be like them. So they just less of a problem acknowledging that were different. Whereas a girl might think I'm really cold.

Nonperson
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2013, 4:19 pm

Yes, it's easier for me to interact with men than women. Maybe it's the same-sex competitiveness/social hierarchy stuff? Or maybe people who find you attractive cut you more slack? I definitely find straight, neurotypical women the most difficult people to deal with.

Jacob12
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Feb 2013, 5:22 pm

Maybe it's just that it seems that a lot of guys my age discuss things like video games, which bore me for the most part.

Sanctus
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2013, 6:50 pm

I'm female and I'm not sure how to answer. Some guys can be easier to talk to because they have similar interests, don't care too much about social rules and are generally not as bitchy as many NT girls. On the other hand, girls might be rather kind and more caring towards shy people.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2013, 6:52 pm

There is no "gender" that's "opposite" of me. :lol:

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

Jacob12
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Feb 2013, 7:13 pm

Sanctus wrote:
On the other hand, girls might be rather kind and more caring towards shy people.

True, although I'm not shy, I'm fairly outgoing. So I don't know how to explain that.

blue1skies
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Feb 2013, 9:14 pm

Hmm.. I'm a female and nearly all my friends are, too, but I do have a few male friends.
I think it mainly depends on the person for me.

Webalina
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2013, 12:48 am

It depends. I'm a woman who doesn't like a lot of woman stuff. I'm not into talking about weddings and babies, makeup and fashion, or gossiping about what the latest movie actress or pop singer is doing and with whom. I'm not an Oprah fan, I don't read silly romance novels, and I can't stand being in a room of giggly, jealous, backstabbing women. (In the interest of full disclosure, I DO like baby animals, flowers, chocolate and rainbows...heheh. I'm still basically female, after all.)

I much prefer the company of men. Yes, there's a lot of posturing and bragging and lying, but I just find them easier to talk to. It's easier to get them to talk about things I want to -- music, films, current events, or just joking around. Men are MUCH better at cutting up and being silly than women are. It helps that I also like dirty jokes and sports.

There is one situation which overrides the above -- if I am emotionally or physically attractive to the man. In that case, I am almost clueless when it comes to making conversation. All I can think if "My god, he's so hot, but wouldn't give me the time of day." It's almost as bad when I sense he's attracted to me. In other words, in a purely platonic situation, I'll enjoy the company of men. But once attraction enters the picture, I clam up.

schizoid26
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Feb 2013, 2:16 am

nope

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2013, 10:51 am

Okay, after today I say I definitely agree with this statement.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

WrongWay
Toucan
Toucan

14 Feb 2013, 11:26 am

I'm similar - I have slightly more female friends than male. Haven't had a girlfriend though.

morslilleole
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2013, 3:09 pm

I'm similar too. Though I tend to like the girls who are slightly boyish or nerdish or weird ( seen with NT eyes, that is. )

I agree that a lot of girls are too complicated, though. My brain is best at parsing source code, not people. =P