Page 1 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

sackcoat
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Feb 2013, 9:09 pm

What are some of the textures that drive you all crazy? What do you feel when you come into contact with one of these things?

I have several. One is heavily dyed denim. I cannot wear dark blue jeans until they have been washed about a dozen times to soften them up. I typically don't really become comfortable in a pair of dark jeans until they are almost worn out. So it goes. Another one is construction paper. It almost makes me ill to even think about construction paper. In fact, I have goose bumps as I'm writing this. Imagine how horrible my early school years were. The last one I will mention is socks. Plain white socks. They cause my legs to itch uncontrollably and I will scratch until I get scabs. The alternative is stinky feet as I have not yet found socks I can stand.

Things like the blue jeans and construction paper cause what I would call pain. Almost like when your arm falls asleep... but more intense. As I mentioned, even the thought of the paper or denim can almost make me ill and give me goosebumps.

Anyone else have something similar?

chris5000
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2013, 9:30 pm

I really hate the feeling of wet paper

sackcoat
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Feb 2013, 9:37 pm

Wet paper doesn't bother me... but paper that has had something spilled on it and then dried does. Some papers take on a different texture after they have been wet.

windtreeman
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Feb 2013, 9:53 pm

Almost anything very soft. Stuffed animals and fuzzy blankets drive me crazy. I also hate touching glass...yuck. The sensation is kind of a knee jerk response to touching something disgusting. It's almost like a mental itch that can't be scratched...the longer I'm in contact with those textures, the crazier it drives me.

Last edited by windtreeman on 21 Feb 2013, 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sackcoat
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Feb 2013, 9:57 pm

On the other hand -- are there some textures that might seem weird but feel really good? My wife had a make-up brush once that had an incredibly smooth feel. Almost any chance I got I would -- with a painting like motion -- rub it on my hands, arms, and face. Sometimes I will look for similar brushes when I happen to be in a store that sells make-up products.

Very weird.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2013, 10:17 pm

I don't like prickly textures I remember having a jumper that was supposed to be wool and it was uncomfortable even with a skivvy under it.

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2013, 10:33 pm

i dont have any problems with textures, its sounds, smells, taste and light that gets me, i have a pet hedgehog im not aloud to be sensitive to texture XD

Ria1989
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Feb 2013, 11:24 pm

Though I buy a lot of different textures, what I wear most often is based off of texture rather than look. This can cause problems as I gravitate toward the same few sweaters, for example. I need something light, airy, but still warm. This is an impossible combo most of the time. I hate feeling suffocated, and I especially hate turtle necks as I feel like something is choking me and thus can't concentrate on anything but the turtleneck choking me.

Jeans don't bother me.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2013, 11:32 pm

The texture of fuji apples, the noise of peeling apples, horrible horrible.

paris75007
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Feb 2013, 12:07 am

Velour and velvet make my skin crawl.

kat333
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Feb 2013, 12:26 am

Cotton Wool, hate it.
Woolen clothing - cannot wear it, it drives me insane. I also get a weird feeling when I think about hard wood floors? I have no idea why

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2013, 1:08 am

The "noise of peeling apples"? How noisy can that be?!

The sound of a chalk squeaking across a blackboard makes my spine leap out of my back. Same thing for out of tune singing or out of tune instruments.

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2013, 2:15 am

the tags in my clothing
anything itchy
anything rough
sometimes paper
some of the material in bags and pocketbooks
turtlenecks
the seam in socks
pea coats from the outside
offen jeans
and probably a bunch of other stuff I cant name right now

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2013, 3:22 am

Thick jeans, rough fabrics and putty all drive me insane. I also cannot wear anything tight. All my clothes are baggy.

treblecake
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Feb 2013, 3:44 am

I hate the texture of dry hands. I hate having dry hands and the sound of people rubbing their hands together when they're dry is horrible. Also stiff sheets.

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2013, 6:40 am

I hate the feeling of canvas (the type used for making bags). My clothing choices are very restricted, i.e. no lace, no wool, no seams in odd places (e.g. 4 inches from the shoulders or across the chest), no labels (I cut them all out) and some stitching drives me insane. As for shoes, it would be much quicker to say what I will wear.