Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

HeyimJoel
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Mar 2013, 8:28 am

I go onto these forums and I still don't do much talking. I see many other aspies talking about heaps of stuff I just don't seem to have it in me...
:(

angelbee
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Mar 2013, 8:57 am

I'm the same way. I read what other's are posting and can relate to other's but I don't post much. I'd rather read and know I'm not alone. 8)

Heidi80
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2013, 9:04 am

same here

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2013, 9:20 am

i talk on the forums the same way as i talk irl; only when i feel i have something relevant to add...

delic
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Mar 2013, 9:41 am

Same here unless something really touches me, it takes me so long to put my thoughts into words & my memory sucks big time unless it's for images so there is nothing really in my head a lot of the time to be able to say, I wonder if I have an FASD though.

Last edited by delic on 07 Mar 2013, 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2013, 11:47 am

I lurked here for a few weeks before I actually started posting with any regularity.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

07 Mar 2013, 11:51 am

It's okay. I didn't really start to post a whole lot until I explored the forums a little bit. I don't know if you might, but you might start posting a little more once you settle a little bit. :)

AgentPalpatine
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2013, 12:45 pm

In my early days on WP, I found that the more I posted, the better my written communication skills got. It was a benefit of posting, and I'd like to think I learned something.

Dots
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2013, 12:54 pm

Hi Joel,
I read a lot more than I post. However much you want to post is fine.
I don't know if I've even ventured into every forum yet, and I've been here for almost 3 years.

Free speech means the right to shout 'theatre' in a crowded fire.
--Abbie Hoffman

HeyimJoel
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Mar 2013, 12:59 pm

yeah thats true :)

HeyimJoel
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Mar 2013, 1:02 pm

Yeah, its a handy skill to learn alright! thats fine, if you read a lot of posts you get to know the atmosphere of the place and it seems very friendly here.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2013, 1:26 pm

izzeme wrote:
i talk on the forums the same way as i talk irl; only when i feel i have something relevant to add...

Not the same thing exactly, but this post made me wonder if some of the people posting in this thread are ones that were non-verbal in their youngest years/had the trait of delayed speech until they were a few-several years old. *shrug* just wondering if you're among the can't-be-bothered-to-talk Aspies, just for curiosity's sake.

One of my uncles was like that as a child, and to a lesser extent one of my cousin's kids, and to a greater extent one of my AS friends. Like all of our traits, they just are what they are - I'm just curious if there's any correlation between that one back then and your current lack of feeling like talking/typing etc.