Autism and the Challenge of Alexithymia

Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

What emotional description best describes the Music in the linked Video?
Happy. 18%  18%  [ 5 ]
Sad. 14%  14%  [ 4 ]
A lonely ghost wandering the earth, not realizing they are dead. 14%  14%  [ 4 ]
A tortured soul. 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
Other, please comment. 46%  46%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 28

littlelily613
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2013, 4:11 pm

I can't really pick out the emotion of the music...what is it supposed to be? The only thing I DON'T think it is is the tortured soul. Of the other options, I am really not sure, so I picked "other".

EQ=8 SQ=93 (Extreme Systemizer)
Alexithymia Quiz=164/185 (high)

glow
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2013, 8:01 pm

a higher sensory attachment to things? -well what else could it be. one way or the other, i know ive got it, because ive got a right to be percieved everyone has. whatever genetic link has surpassed mortal genetic data to foriegn bodies its like pirate dna. you live by one mortal code and then your almost supervising another one. the point is if i have asd alexithmia and some disassociate disorder than maybe somethings are stopping me from creating my own existance in the outer world and living the life i want.
similarly, i agree, it does wreck havoc on immune systems.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2013, 3:49 am

RazorEddie wrote:
I didn't really find any emotion in the music but I was unable to listen to the whole piece because the sound quality really put my teeth on edge.

Sorry about the sound quality. It is very bad on mobile devices but seems to work okay at low volumes on home computers. I suppose it has something to do with the fact that I used a dictation device, for voice recording, to record the music several years ago. :).

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2013, 3:55 am

littlelily613 wrote:
I can't really pick out the emotion of the music...what is it supposed to be? The only thing I DON'T think it is is the tortured soul. Of the other options, I am really not sure, so I picked "other".

I had no idea what the emotions were of the music when I created it, because of the difficulties I was having with Alexithymia, but to hear other people who are able to pick out emotions in the music and describe them in words, helped me to identify words for some of the emotions I think I was trying to express when creating the music. :)

Perhaps my spouse suggested it sounded like a tortured soul, because I was torturing my spouse by playing the music too much. :)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick