Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Random42
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Mar 2013, 7:48 pm

Just got officially diagnosed. It is great to know for sure why I have had the difficulties I have had. It is different than being 90% sure and wondering if maybe I have it maybe I don't. Anyone else recently diagnosed?

AQ: 39
Aspie-quiz AS:154 NT:50
RAADS-R: 194
EQ:15 SQ:114

mikassyna
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2013, 8:40 pm

I was diagnosed on 2/21/13. I am going to get a second opinion at Seaver Research Institute on 3/29/13.

LongLostSelf
Raven
Raven

12 Mar 2013, 9:47 pm

I was only just diagnosed on Monday(11thMarch) myself, it hasn't really sunk in properly yet and i find myself doubting the diagnoses but at the same time im relieved to have received it lol

I was diagnosed with ASD. Aspergers wasn't mentioned. Is that because they are trying to get rid of the Aspergers label or is ASD different from Aspergers?

They said I am , and have been sufficiently impaired through out my life to meet the ASD diagnoses.

mikassyna
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2013, 10:54 pm

LongLostSelf wrote:
I was diagnosed with ASD. Aspergers wasn't mentioned. Is that because they are trying to get rid of the Aspergers label or is ASD different from Aspergers?

PDD-NOS and Asperger's are both being dropped when the DSMV comes out in May. People will be classified either under ASD or Social Communication Disorder.

Camo
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Mar 2013, 2:42 pm

I got mine on the 5th, so its been a week since... feel a lot happier within myself, still got my issues but I am embracing me for being me it seems.
Not done anything with the diagnosis and may not, I did it for myself.

Stu

Panddora
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Mar 2013, 5:10 pm

Diagnosed with Aspergers 27th February. Makes sense of so much but too late to change the past. Unlikely to share it with anyone. Very glad to have the diagnosis though.

LongLostSelf
Raven
Raven

13 Mar 2013, 10:46 pm

mikassyna wrote:
LongLostSelf wrote:

PDD-NOS and Asperger's are both being dropped when the DSMV comes out in May. People will be classified either under ASD or Social Communication Disorder.

I'm confused about my diagnoses. I'm not sure if I should say I have ASD or Aspergers.

I've never heard of Social Communication Disorder