What is you general attitude towards humans?

Page 1 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Is your attitude towards humans (other people as well as yourself) in general/overall more positive or negative?
My attitude towards humans (other people as well as yourself) is in general/overall more positive than negative. 43%  43%  [ 32 ]
My attitude towards humans (other people as well as yourself) is in general/overall more negative than positive. 57%  57%  [ 42 ]
Total votes : 74

qawer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2013, 3:32 pm

Is your attitude towards humans (other people as well as yourself) in general/overall more positive or negative?

Note, it's on purpose there are only two poll options. You cannot take on a middle-stand. For that reason, the choices are not formulated in extreme terms, but in relative.

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2013, 3:43 pm

Positive. For a reason. We are all living creatures, made by nature. Who are we to question his work?

whirlingmind
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2013, 4:09 pm

Negative because of my experiences with fellow humans in life to date. That's not to say I don't believe there are good ones out there too, but I don't believe there are anywhere near enough of them. Maybe others have been luckier and that's why they have a positive outlook about it.

DX AS & both daughters on the autistic spectrum

Urist
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Mar 2013, 4:13 pm

I find it rather irritating that you decide there is no middle stance in this, and while logically I'd list apathy as a negative stance I'm actually quite idealistic, just disinterested. Overall, I like a few select people and can generally get on with people well enough in text but in physical interaction I just have no real interest in someone unless they share my interests or are in any kind of serious danger. Yet I'd say I think most people are generally pretty good and while I have no personal interest in them I don't hate them by any means. Sure you get people with Anti-Social Personality Disorder or who are just as*holes in general but they're very much a loud minority and most people are just inoffensive.

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2013, 4:13 pm

I think humans in general are short sighted, arrogant, aggressive, destructive and inconsiderate. We do not care (on the whole) what we are doing to the planet.

whirlingmind
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2013, 4:20 pm

Robdemanc wrote:
I think humans in general are short sighted, arrogant, aggressive, destructive and inconsiderate. We do not care (on the whole) what we are doing to the planet.

You missed out manipulative, selfish and apathetic. :wall:

DX AS & both daughters on the autistic spectrum

goaway
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 Mar 2013, 4:25 pm

Negative, because I dont like other People. and People being cruel to me, I beeing cruel to them :twisted: but anyway I just keep to myself and avoid other People as far as it goes

qawer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2013, 4:35 pm

I think this is a huge determining factor for happiness. If you basically don't like humans it's hard to be truly happy.

It's really a matter of accepting that humans are living creatures, which does include them sometimes or even often being,

Quote:
short sighted, arrogant, aggressive, destructive and inconsiderate

and

Quote:
manipulative, selfish and apathetic

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2013, 4:45 pm

Indifference, and I'm not voting because I don't like being forced into all-or-nothing views.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

11 Mar 2013, 5:32 pm

It's more of a "go away, silly human, I wanna be alone," kind of thing for me. :lol:

I attract attention everywhere I go for some reason.

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2013, 5:45 pm

OJani wrote:
Positive. For a reason. We are all living creatures, made by nature. Who are we to question his work?

Okay, Im'ma get you on religion just because it sounds like a jab at religion complete with the male pronoun for God.

Also, regardless of belief, don't bring religion in it.

You could be misanthropic or humanist, regardless of actual beliefs about the metaphysical or supernatural or whatever.

Personally, I notice humanity fvcks itself over a lot, but I have hope and faith in myself and others that we can make a better future for ourselves.

Essentially, I believe in things as matters of fact, because Im a nihilist.
There is no "good" or "bad", regardless of God.
Things just are.

And THAT is why I don't see humans as bad or good, but I do see potential for both of what is considered by people, and I feel happy so I try to stay positive.

Sorry for the rant.

Dragoness
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Mar 2013, 5:58 pm

whirlingmind wrote:
Robdemanc wrote:

You missed out manipulative, selfish and apathetic. :wall:

In terms of humanity in general, I agree with these two.

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2013, 6:09 pm

I don't like most of them hence I avoid them and this makes me happier

One size does not fit all as regards what suits people

Nonperson
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2013, 7:13 pm

They are up there with mosquitoes as one of the most annoying animals.

Matt62
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2013, 7:25 pm

Arrogant creatures, fit only for experimentation & harvesting of DNA.

Small Grey Alien

Matthew
That *WAS* a joke! :)

fueledbycoffee
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2013, 7:33 pm

I'm genuinely interested in people, both NT and autistic. I like figuring out how and why they do things. They're terribly fascinating.