Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Meekaraccoon
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Jan 2015, 7:19 am

Today is a very sad day. I have lost a very dear friend. However, we have had very little contact over the past 10 years since I moved from living in the same road as this lady. I don't normally speak or get involved with neighbour but his lady managed to get into my heart. I feel tremendous guilt for neglecting our friendship over the years as she very much mothered me whilst I lived there. She saw me through some really horrendous years. When something like this happens it always envokes deep thought. What is life about? Why are we here? What is it to be a good friend? I have this awful feeling right now and I don't understand it? Ideas?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2015, 9:09 am

Sorry for your loss. I hope she didn't suffer right before she "went away."

I'm sure she treasures the times you've had together. She mothered you for a reason: she enjoyed mothering you. She felt vital because she helped you out.

I feel one of the best ways to remember people you were close with is by going to wakes. There, everybody reminisces about the person--the quirks, the funny stuff, the serious stuff. I advocate wakes, even though I'm not religious. Wakes could be cathartic events.