Disassociating from autistic self after diagnosis

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

17 Mar 2013, 9:44 am

What exactly would this look like?

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2013, 9:46 am

why would you want to?

I think if anything, since DX I have disassociated myself from my neurotypical facade. Its only helped to make life make more sense.

My deviant art profile

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

17 Mar 2013, 9:51 am

thomas81 wrote:
why would you want to?

I think if anything, since DX I have disassociated myself from my neurotypical facade. Its only helped to make life make more sense.

I'm not saying I would want to. I'm wondering if it actually happened. Because since I got diagnosed, I've had something where I space out for hours and even forget where I am temporarily. It really hurts my productivity. Also, lots of trouble focusing on anything. And an even worse time defining myself, and much more variation in mood and behavior than previously. Also alternating between thinking of myself as very impaired (autistic-wise), and then the next day, or even the next hour, I'll think of myself as NT. My posting pattern on here probably confirms much of this. Typically, "I'm very autistic, and my life sucks" posts followed by "I think I was misdiagnosed" posts. I actually feel both of these things at different times. I don't remember the feelings very well, but I can remember the posts, so looking at these have been a good way to track all of this.

A lot of these things were around before in different form, but they all got worse within a month of me getting diagnosed.