Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Autisticgamer
Raven
Raven

16 Mar 2013, 11:36 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=_mex-otezlY

Video of me when I am in autistic meltdown this is a mild episode my verbal speech is very limited

Recorded by family

Do you meltdown like that?

Sory if posted wrong place

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2013, 12:07 am

once during a meltdown, i hit myself in the head with a brush and it left a large painful lump on the back of my head and it still hurts :(

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2013, 12:08 am

They say that taking care of an autistic child is a 30 hours per day/8 days a week job. They ain't kidding. If this is mild, what does extreme look like?

BTW, it's very brave of you to post this. I imagine some people might be embarrassed. I know I would be.

Autisticgamer
Raven
Raven

17 Mar 2013, 9:17 am

ZombieBrideXD wrote:
once during a meltdown, i hit myself in the head with a brush and it left a large painful lump on the back of my head and it still hurts :(

Ow that's bad

Autisticgamer
Raven
Raven

17 Mar 2013, 9:18 am

redrobin62 wrote:
They say that taking care of an autistic child is a 30 hours per day/8 days a week job. They ain't kidding. If this is mild, what does extreme look like?

BTW, it's very brave of you to post this. I imagine some people might be embarrassed. I know I would be.

That's why I'm gona go in a care home soon

I'm not embaresseed

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2013, 9:20 am

When I meltdown, I really meltdown. It doesnt happen as much now, post-DX but i bypass self harming and go straight to suicidal.

During my last big one, I grabbed a knife.

My deviant art profile

Autisticgamer
Raven
Raven

17 Mar 2013, 9:31 am

thomas81 wrote:
When I meltdown, I really meltdown. It doesnt happen as much now, post-DX but i bypass self harming and go straight to suicidal.

Oh ok I don't think like that when I do meltdown sotimes I dont want to hurt my self

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2013, 9:41 am

Autisticgamer wrote:
thomas81 wrote:

Oh ok I don't think like that when I do meltdown sotimes I dont want to hurt my self

i think my meltdown threshold is much higher than most autistics but when it does happen, it goes with a 'bigger bang' thats why I'm a big danger to myself when I'm in that state.

My deviant art profile

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2013, 9:42 am

Not everyone on the spectrum have meltdowns. None of those aspies i have met (including myself) had had meltdowns like that. Though when i were younger, i just sat down and did nothing when i became stressed out or had too much on my mind, but it stopped as i grew older. Not sure that it counts as what is refered to as meltdowns.

Autisticgamer
Raven
Raven

17 Mar 2013, 9:56 am

Ichinin wrote:
Not everyone on the spectrum have meltdowns. None of those aspies i have met (including myself) had had meltdowns like that. Though when i were younger, i just sat down and did nothing when i became stressed out or had too much on my mind, but it stopped as i grew older. Not sure that it counts as what is refered to as meltdowns.

I know I wasn't saying everyone was , I suppose that is better I've never knowon meltdown like that so I duno
Somtimes it just involves (in the video also) jsut making noises

Autisticgamer
Raven
Raven

17 Mar 2013, 12:31 pm

thomas81 wrote:
Autisticgamer wrote:
thomas81 wrote:

i think my meltdown threshold is much higher than most autistics but when it does happen, it goes with a 'bigger bang' thats why I'm a big danger to myself when I'm in that state.

Oh ok don't do anything to dangerous and make sure other Peoole are with you

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2013, 12:32 pm

Autisticgamer wrote:
thomas81 wrote:
Autisticgamer wrote:
thomas81 wrote:

easier said than done cause I work with people who arent informed and tend to be less than sensitive.

My deviant art profile

Autisticgamer
Raven
Raven

17 Mar 2013, 12:48 pm

thomas81 wrote:
Autisticgamer wrote:
thomas81 wrote:
Autisticgamer wrote:
thomas81 wrote:

easier said than done cause I work with people who arent informed and tend to be less than sensitive.

I know what you mean when I was restraiend when I was hitting my self at college (special education college) they would constantly bruise my arms and shout down my ears, one time I was abused by a staff person, since my mum reported it I was "kicked out" of college and not allowed back.

Cuckooflower
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Mar 2013, 6:36 pm

I appreciate you sharing this.

Yes I have had terrible meltdowns, and hurt myself or to some degree others, with lots of screaming and so on. Particularly when I was younger.

My siblings still do not understand that I was not just doing this to cause trouble. Plus I had my father who was 6'3 beating me, throwing me across the room at random and locking me up when I was a small child.
With severe sensory issues, no wonder I screamed.
But my siblings still think it was all my fault. I don't have contact with them any more hardly at all, but still it makes me angry. It wasn't my fault.

Cuckooflower
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Mar 2013, 6:43 pm

thomas81 wrote:

I have done this before during a row with my father (as an adult) who is also autistic and behaves like a child and over-reacts quite melodramatically. He's also just a histrionic drama queen in many ways- this is a seperate personality trait to his autism.
He knew I had no intention of using it, but he contacted the mental health services who then contacted the police, and I had to spend a night in the cells and was charged with Affray.
No final charge was made.
My solicitor was lovely.

But it was s**t.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2013, 7:38 pm

Cuckooflower wrote:
thomas81 wrote:

I have done this before during a row with my father (as an adult) who is also autistic and behaves like a child and over-reacts quite melodramatically. He's also just a histrionic drama queen in many ways- this is a seperate personality trait to his autism.
He knew I had no intention of using it, but he contacted the mental health services who then contacted the police, and I had to spend a night in the cells and was charged with Affray.
No final charge was made.
My solicitor was lovely.

But it was sh**.

My intent at the time was to use it on myself! :cry:

My deviant art profile