Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2013, 5:44 am

Small talk can apparently have its moments, especially when the neighbour stops you on your way back from the shop and says quite innocently:

"My bush is so overgrown I can't get through to my back passage at all now"

As there is another meaning to that I have to admit to being highly amused by it. She was talking about her garden.

Has anyone else experienced an accidentally amusing small talk moment?

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2013, 6:54 am

Not quite small talk, but my friend and I were talking about our preference in which deck of a boat we preferred to be on, and I, quite innocently, came out with "It's more fun on top.".

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

b9
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2013, 7:15 am

there is a show called "oddities" that was on the TV, and a segment of the show had a person trying to sell a mummified penis.
it was apparently 4,500 years old, and it looked erect (in a very macabre way).

i could not think of any reason that a girl (or a man) would want to buy it except as an eerie sex toy.

thank goodness i know no one, because if i did, then i would be compelled to report my idea if they asked how my day has been.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2013, 7:43 am

Back in the seventies I worked as a cash register clerk in a drug store.

We began to sell penthouse and playboy- but behind the counter with the cigarettes- so only grownups who asked could look at them- and away from the regular magazine rack.

One day a middle aged gentleman who happened to look middle eastern asked to see Playboy.

He was hellbent on finding a "particular recent issue".

He had this angry purposeful aura about him-like he didnt want me to make small talk about that Kristy Brinkley pictorial that every guy was talking about at the time.

He sternly flipped throught the pages of the issue I showed him. So I asked him if was "looking for some recent written article".

He said no, and that he was "looking for a picture".

He and his Iranian political group had heard that a recent issue of Playboy "had a really GOOD picture. A really good picture of ...the Ayatollah!"

No...this issue was not it.

When he left the store I doubled over laughing.

Always meant to write Playboy to tell them that: that there were folks eagerly seeking a particular issue of their magazine because it 'had a really good picture" - but not the kinda picture that usually draws attention to Playboy.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2013, 7:47 am

i am not impressed sorry.

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2013, 7:48 am

Were you meant to be?

b9
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2013, 8:18 am

deleted.

mikassyna
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2013, 8:35 am

naturalplastic wrote:
He and his Iranian political group had heard that a recent issue of Playboy "had a really GOOD picture. A really good picture of ...the Ayatollah!"

I don't get it. Why would he think a Playboy issue would have that photo in it?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2013, 8:51 am

mikassyna wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

I don't get it. Why would he think a Playboy issue would have that photo in it?

Playboy has always had alot of classy non sex articles about the world situation and politics and so forth. Its not just naked ladies.

This was at the height of seventies iranian revolution (the hostage crises was around that time).

So its very possible that an Issue of playboy did indeed have an unusually dramatic photo of the ayatollah in some article. But if it did- NO american would remember seeing it because other photos would tend to...make more of an impression on you-if you were reading Playboy.

But some expatriot Iranians (they may well have been pro democracy and anti-ayatollah and wanted his pic for a dart board- or maybe they were pro Ayatollah and wanted to glorify him) liked that pic in playboy, and it suited thier purposes for SOME reason.

hickeyj
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Mar 2013, 10:58 am

I was out to lunch with a few lunch buddies, and some of us got milkshakes. One of them told me he liked his milkshakes really watery, and asked me if I like them the same way. Much to my regret, I immediately responded with "No, I like them thick and chunky." Haha, I can't believe I'm that easy to mess with

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2013, 3:51 pm

hickeyj wrote:
I was out to lunch with a few lunch buddies, and some of us got milkshakes. One of them told me he liked his milkshakes really watery, and asked me if I like them the same way. Much to my regret, I immediately responded with "No, I like them thick and chunky." Haha, I can't believe I'm that easy to mess with

Did the two of you go on to discuss the chicken you got with the shakes...breasts and thighs?

Its hard to avoid double entendre in any conversation in English even if it isnt intended.

mikassyna
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2013, 4:01 pm

hickeyj wrote:

OK I guess I need a lot of explaining on this thread, but I don't get this post either.

Are milkshakes meaning something else here? If so, what?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2013, 6:37 pm

mikassyna wrote:
hickeyj wrote:

OK I guess I need a lot of explaining on this thread, but I don't get this post either.

Are milkshakes meaning something else here? If so, what?

Its new slang to me too. It took me awhile as well.
Not even sure I got it right, but I think it has to do with a certain part of the female anatomy that has to do with milk, and.. use your imagination.

mikassyna
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2013, 7:51 pm

Thanks for having the patience to explain things to this old geezer LOL

Drehmaschine
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2013, 1:54 pm

Too many to recall. One guy at work was telling me to put it in the hole and to use force which came out so dirty in my mind.
He was talking about reinstalling a part on his machine but you know where my mind went.

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2013, 2:23 pm

Drehmaschine wrote:
Too many to recall. One guy at work was telling me to put it in the hole and to use force which came out so dirty in my mind.
He was talking about reinstalling a part on his machine but you know where my mind went.

All to well! That is where my mind would go also.

As I always say though "holes are made for poking things in...just as buttons are made for pushing!"