"You thinking you're awkward makes me super awkward&quo

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

01 Apr 2013, 1:31 am

I never even said I thought I was socially awkward, to anyone, really. All I said is that I felt "disengaged" from the law school, after this NT said she was feeling that way too.

What do NT's mean when they say things like this?

Last edited by Tyri0n on 01 Apr 2013, 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2013, 2:01 am

NT's can suffer from depersonalization, too. Could mean that.

Or it could mean she's stressed, or overwhelmed.

Could mean she's not as interested in it as she thought, or that it's simply different than she expected.

Might mean that she's there to please someone else and never really wanted to be there in the first place. Might mean that it was her choice to go there, but that she chose the school and future profession based on status &/or money as her main criteria and she's just not all that into law or the processes involved. If so, that may mean she follows through but is never truly engaged in her work because she's only doing it for the money.

Reminds me of a friend who's completed the first couple levels of medical school who said about half the people there are there because their parents want them to be doctors, about the other half are there only because they want to make a lot of money as a doctor practicing medicine in the USA, and about 1% are there because they truly want to become doctors themselves in order to heal others - and they're the ones who make it most successfully, and I'd bet are most engaged in their education & careers.

edit: The best way to know what she meant by it is... to ask her! Bring it up sometime, tell her you were thinking about what she said & are curious as to what exactly she means by it. She may be willing to elaborate and you'll have your explanation.