Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

jerry00
Toucan
Toucan

02 Jul 2013, 2:33 pm

Why is there so much emphasis on how autistic people can adapt to fit in and no emphasis on how society can adapt to give the autistic people a real place in society not just a pretend one?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2013, 2:37 pm

The majority rules.

Thelibrarian
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2013, 2:38 pm

jerry00 wrote:
Why is there so much emphasis on how autistic people can adapt to fit in and no emphasis on how society can adapt to give the autistic people a real place in society not just a pretend one?

What specifically is it that you would like society to do for you?

jerry00
Toucan
Toucan

02 Jul 2013, 3:04 pm

ive had enough people treat me like s**t just for not being like them, i want that to stop first and foremost.

jerry00
Toucan
Toucan

02 Jul 2013, 3:06 pm

and secondly, those with autism should automatically be given any jobs that require a diligent and fair person. (even if they have to spend their precious f*****g money on training instead of outsourcing to china boo f*****g hoo) MANY jobs would fit the bill, almost all of them currently out of reach of us.

EmeraldGreen
Toucan
Toucan

02 Jul 2013, 3:39 pm

I have had it with fitting in. Let's start our own planet..

Thelibrarian
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2013, 3:55 pm

jerry00 wrote:
ive had enough people treat me like sh** just for not being like them, i want that to stop first and foremost.

Then do you want laws passed making NT's be nice to us? Should laws also be passed making us be nice to people too?

TreehuggerXXL
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Jul 2013, 4:00 pm

Thelibrarian wrote:
jerry00 wrote:
ive had enough people treat me like sh** just for not being like them, i want that to stop first and foremost.

Then do you want laws passed making NT's be nice to us? Should laws also be passed making us be nice to people too?

Seems like a fair deal to me.

Thelibrarian
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2013, 4:09 pm

jerry00 wrote:
and secondly, those with autism should automatically be given any jobs that require a diligent and fair person. (even if they have to spend their precious f***ing money on training instead of outsourcing to china boo f***ing hoo) MANY jobs would fit the bill, almost all of them currently out of reach of us.

I agree with you that job outsourcing is a bad thing. But that's hardly an aspie issue; it's a free trade issue that affects everybody who works for a living.

Assuming that you would agree that not all aspies are fair and diligent, and that not all NT's are unfair and undiligent, should employers be required to discriminate against NT's who are fair and diligent in favor of aspies who are not?

Thelibrarian
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2013, 4:15 pm

TreehuggerXXL wrote:
Thelibrarian wrote:
jerry00 wrote:

Seems like a fair deal to me.

Then perhaps there should be a "three strikes" law whereby aspies who are rude to NT's more than twice get life in prison, or maybe even the death penalty?

jerry00
Toucan
Toucan

02 Jul 2013, 4:54 pm

ok but make it 4 strikes

jerry00
Toucan
Toucan

02 Jul 2013, 5:05 pm

i demand the government does a study to prove that people with aspergers are more productive because they have the focus

people who think they can multitask and try to make everyone else do it, should be sent to jail.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2013, 5:56 pm

In Jail for Multitasking.

Barefoot_Boy
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 Jul 2013, 6:13 pm

I feel invisible most of the time. I don't know if that's a good thing or not.

John Greenleaf Whittier

Kuribo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Jul 2013, 6:30 pm

Barefoot_Boy wrote:
I feel invisible most of the time. I don't know if that's a good thing or not.

I feel the same way, though I'm inclined to think that my "invisibility" is a good thing because of the negative attention I always seem to attract whenever I am noticed. :roll:

jerry00
Toucan
Toucan

03 Jul 2013, 2:11 am

AS people are fairer because they make decisions based on facts instead of feelings.
They have to spend 90% of their time treading on eggshells and trying to imagine how NT people will react, so of course they're fairer.

An AS person spends 90% of their time figuring out the right thing to do, an NT person knows he's already right and does whatever he wants, especially if it will upset someone else.