Page 2 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

TAFKASH
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2005, 4:08 pm

thechadmaster wrote:
I take a shower daily. The water must be HOT. 120 degrees Farenheit is for wimps. When i get out of the shower i want to be RED. I havent chechd but i think it is about 140F.

Mmmmmmmm.... Chadmaster thermidore....... :lol:

I just spent 2 grand on putting in a new boiler and my new shower could happily shred the skin from your bones if you wanted it to..... You'd love it by the sounds of it... :wink:

Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Mar 2005, 4:50 pm

I could care less. I cannot stand bathtubs or showers because of the thought of germs in the bathtub/shower. The one we have here is always dirty, full of hair (I HATE HATE HATE finding hairs in places other then a head) and full of just plain yuck. I can't even stand looking at it. In December my sister threw up in the bathtub and I vowed never to use it ever again. So I bathe once a week if even. If I get too dirty, I wash up outside of the bathtub. If I had my own bathtub/shower, that nobody but me ever used, I would be in it more then once a day.

Before the shower germs thing started, I used to LOVE taking a shower and then soaking in the tub after being done as a way to relax.

People complain that I stink but I really don't care. EVERYBODY in my family got sick (throwing up, etc) except for the one who stayed away from the bathroom (me)

tallgirl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Mar 2005, 12:14 am

1-3 times a week, but before anyone freaks out, it is b/c I have a 7 month old daughter, and my husband has been working 12 hour days, so I simply don't have the time or energy to shower every day.

However, before my daughter came along, I would shower every other day, unless I worked out and then I would jump in the shower for a minute.

Besides it is not good for one's hair to wash it every day, unless one has naturally oily hair. However, most people shouldn't wash their hair every day.

And my husband says I don't smell and he would totally tell me if I did.

Tallgirl.

Amajanshi
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2009, 10:37 pm

I have a shower every day, and it has to be warm water. I very rarely have cold showers unless there's a heatwave.

harlequinsenor
Raven
Raven

30 Dec 2009, 10:54 pm

Lately, not too important. I bathe maybe once... possibly twice... a week... but that's only if I have something to do.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2009, 11:00 pm

I take a bath every day.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Odin
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2009, 12:12 am

Very important. I hate being dirty.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2009, 12:24 am

I learned how to shower every day when I was about nineteen or twenty. Before that, I didn't do it all that often and it took me forever when I did. The big obstacles were the sensory overload that showering often creates (especially the dry-to-wet transition and vice versa), and the problem of taking two hours to do it because I kept forgetting what I meant to do. As a kid, my mom used to stand over me and make me take showers, but she only got around to that once or twice a week. Showering the exact same way every time I showered was the solution, because a routine can overcome inertia by carrying you along (it's easier to follow the routine than stop following it), and once you have the routine memorized and established you feel wrong not doing it. Nowadays I shower every day as part of the things I do when I get up, and it takes me less than twenty minutes from bed to dry and dressed.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2009, 3:08 am

Once a day before school or work...and sometimes after work if I need to relax.

ALBERTAN...and DAMN PROUD OF IT!!

SamwiseGamgee
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2009, 3:26 am

While clearly in the minority, I'm glad to see I'm not the only on who doesn't bathe as often as most people. I'm not a very active person and I'm not a big fan of the dry-wet-dry cycle so once or twice a week works for me usually, depending on how often I'm going out and what I'm doing. When I work out or do really physical things I obviously bathe a lot more, but that's pretty rare.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2009, 7:46 am

thechadmaster wrote:
I take a shower daily. The water must be HOT. 120 degrees Farenheit is for wimps. When i get out of the shower i want to be RED. I havent chechd but i think it is about 140F.

Odd thing about me. I HATE and CAN'T STAND hot air, and I like drinking COLD water, but I also shower in about 120F water(I believe that is what I set it to, it quickly steams up, and many wouldn't dare put it that high. When I clean things in it, my hands, etc,,, DO get very red.). I also clean dishes, etc... in VERY hot water.

I generally shower once a day.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2009, 7:55 am

Very important to me.

I need to shower every day or I feel icky. Don't like that at all.

gramirez
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2009, 11:03 am

At the very least every other day, if not every day. I like it hot, and I like to stand there for a while - it feels really good.

Last2Know
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 Dec 2009, 12:30 pm

I have a LOT of sensory issues around the shower/bath. I love swimming in a pool, but can't STAND water falling on me and the idea of sitting in a bathtub with the hairs and whatever else... ahhh! I can't even think about it. It's always, ALWAYS been a struggle for me. I've said for as long as I can remember I wish I could just dry-clean myself.

ProfessorX
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2009, 12:36 pm

Bathing is very important for me as, I don't want to be seen as some bum whom has not bathed for weeks or months..I do my best to maintain a regimine of cleanliness and all..

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2009, 1:18 pm

Taking a shower is the very first thing I do when I wake up.