Any other people with aspergers hate feeling sticky?

Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

conanthewarrior
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Jun 2017, 5:57 am

Hi everyone, I hope you are all OK.

For as long as I can remember, I have absolutely hated sticky foods, such as anything sweet that drips, as I hate the feeling of it getting on my hands and around my mouth.

It is so bad, that even watching these foods on the TV or seeing them make me feel a bit iffy. If I do get my hands sticky, I have to immediately wash them, and if I got something sticky on my shirt, I will have to immediately change it.

So, does anyone else here experience this, or is that just a quirk of me? I wondered if it was in anyway linked to aspergers.

Thanks, Conan.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2017, 6:14 am

Yes, definitely. It makes me feel gross to have sticky hands.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2017, 7:21 am

I don't think many adults like having sticky hands.

Canadian Penguin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Jun 2017, 8:23 am

I've always hated it. Won't eat some foods because of it.

Though it never stopped me from putting white glue on my fingers and letting it dry when I was young.

Kaybono88
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Jun 2017, 8:30 am

Oh god yes! Sticky is the literal worst! I cannot function until all the sticky is gone! :skull:

Redxk
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2017, 11:52 am

Yes! I sometimes get up several times during a meal to wash my hands. When I get really stressed I can't stand the thought of eating anything like a sandwich or fruit that has to be picked up.

questor
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2017, 4:47 pm

Yes, sticky is a problem with me. The worst is raw egg sticky. If I want any other form than hard boiled, I use either powdered eggs, or liquid eggs from a carton, just so I won't get sticky egg goo on my hands. I really hate that. The downside is that I do really like well done scrambled eggs with other stuff added to it, but don't get to have it much, as I don't often by liquid eggs, and I want to save my powdered eggs for an emergency, so I don't often open a new canister of it, as it lasts longer if you don't open it.

Another thing I hate is the feel of soap on my hands. I don't mind washing with it, but I spend a lot of time rinsing it off thoroughly, as I don't want to feel any traces of it once I am done washing my hands.

I think I am the same way about all slimy, sticky, and gooey stuff.

Don't know why the "EEW" smiley wouldn't load at the end of the last sentence. Oh well.

Rukkus

29 Jun 2017, 7:49 pm

I hate sticky or dirty hands. I work in maintenance and find myself washing my hands several times before I'm done with a project sometimes. Doing plumbing, forget it. I use like 10 pairs of gloves to do a single project sometimes.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2017, 7:53 pm

I hate it, very aggravating.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2017, 9:56 pm

doesn't matter to me.

love chocolate, peanut butter. peaches, nectarines, mangoes.

yogurt is ok.

tomatoes are okay.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2017, 3:33 am

Yes, having my hands/fingers sticky, dirty or oily without the assurance that I have access to cleaning them off with soap and water is one of my biggest irritations. Cannot stand it.

bluemew
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Jun 2017, 4:53 am

I absolutely hate it D: It's the main reason why I hate hot weather. Yuck! I've always had this problem, even as a baby. But, I don't think it's related to having Aspergers. It runs in my family. My father has the same issue, and he has no AS to speak of. My sister, however, is fine with stickiness and she DOES. My nephew also hates feeling sticky. Not sure if he has it, yet. His father doesn't.
Looking at sticky food that is meant to entice appetite only repulses me. Ugh >_< My skin is prickling.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2017, 9:21 am

I always hate feeling sticky, when I get that way, I need to wash my hands or take a shower right away, or else I get really uncomfortable.

zeitgeistbuster
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Jun 2017, 11:50 am

I *hate* sticky stuff. Generally I hate having food get on my hands and face. I always wash my hands and face after meals.

zac2
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

30 Jun 2017, 2:25 pm

Congrats'' yes I thing you have pulled a new AS trait out of the hat.

Also for me personally, Polish with silicone, after handling things sprayed
with it my hands seem to stop working properly, I have to go and wash them.

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2017, 4:42 pm

i recall a messy meltdown when i was a kid after climbing a tree that was covered in sap. i became covered in sap. then my mom tried to use peanut butter to get the sap off my skin and hair.