Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2022, 9:21 pm

I don't usually care about the look of fans or objects that spin in general. I only care about the nice cool breeze they give.

That's the hard part about fall, I can't have my fan on as often because the weather is cooling off. Maybe I should get one of those little mini tabletop fans because they won't make me freeze as much.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2022, 10:03 pm

No, quite the opposite...
The whole summer me and my boyfriend did not use the ceiling fan in our apartment though it probably would have helped circulate the cool air from our mediocre wall AC unit to help cool things down. Idk we just totally forgot it existed and even though its right there just kept overlooking it. Lol actually just noticed it again today and was like 'wow we're idiots'.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2022, 10:06 pm

When I was a kid I would lay on my back and watch our ceiling fan all the time, which is apparently common in autistic children. I liked to watch really anything that spun though.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2022, 6:38 am

Once, I was living in a warehouse. Waking up, I could tell the windspeed from the roof ventilator RPM, the direction from the aircraft noise, and the cloud cover by the light leaks.
What I like in my home now is workshop-style overhead radiant heaters for a pleasant warm-up when needed. Summer nights, I cool the house with a window fan, and discovered that it helps to use another to mix the air on it's way through. The cool air was staying near the floor.