Page 3 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

05 May 2013, 12:52 am

Vacuum cleaners used to terrify me. :lol:

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2013, 12:58 am

Raptor wrote:

Good story :D
The other one, too, because I have an annoying old hag for a mother and I know those little BS games they like to play.

Not too long ago I had spent the night over there at her house because she wasn't feeling good. It was a weekend so I didn't have to get up and hurry home to get my daughter off to school. I was sleeping on her couch in the livingroom. The tv is in there as is her chair she sits in. I woke up to the sound of the tv and was going back to sleep and it would gradually get louder and louder. I turned over facing the tv, but laid where she couldn't see my eyes were open. I watched her turn the sound up a little at a time. Finally I mumbled "Can you please turn that down?" cause it was like 7 in the morning and I had been up almost all night with her before. She said "OK" and picked up the remote, pointed it at the tv and turned it up! I saw her do it too, because I knew she would! I jumped up and told her that I saw it and she tried to say that she thought she turned it down, she didn't mean to, it was an accident, etc. Nope, she is a damn professional with that remote and can flip through things, change things, set things etc at lightening speed without looking at them. She did not make a mistake. I told her that too and left and went home.

Another time I had gone over there during the day after having a busy time at home and dealing with insomnia as well. I hadn't slept in like almost 3 days and was finally feeling sleepy but my kids had company so I went over there and asked if I could get in her bed and sleep. It was maybe 10am and I had done my housework and all and thought that when sleepiness came I shouldn't try and put it off. She knew about the insomnia and all and said it was fine, I could sleep there. So I get in her bed and go to sleep. I'm sound asleep and she comes in "Frances, FRANCES! It's noon. What time do you want to get up?" I rolled over and said "Whenever I wake up or you need me to move so you can go to bed" I wasn't bothering anything, wasn't needed at home, and hadn't slept in about 3 days. So a few minutes later she comes back in there to wake me up to ask if I called her. Then she wakes me up to give me the phone because my son called and wanted to know if I was there, which she could have answered. She just kept on and on. That time I finally told her off about it. I said "You just cannot stand it when I sleep and never have been able to. I'm enjoying it and getting a rest and it's not all involving or all about you, so you just can't sit there and let me be, you have to keep poking at me till I get up!" From then on, I always make sure that I tell her, when I spend the night there to help her out, DO NOT wake me up in the morning before 9 unless it's very important, because when she's not feeling well I lay there and stay up to listen for her because she calls me a lot.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2013, 1:24 am

/\ /\
Mine's biggest issue is what I've termed selective amnesia occasioned by guilt. That is when she conveniently loses memory of uncomfortable topics/situations that she was an accomplice in when we were kids. Oh well.....

briankelley
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2013, 1:47 am

Vacuum cleaners put me on edge and aggravate me. Same goes with leaf blowers.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2013, 5:58 pm

Neither vacuum cleaners nor lawn mowers bother me one bit. Leaf blowers can be loud, but they're not a big deal to me.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Gazelle
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2013, 9:27 pm

Leaf blowers are obnoxious & someone needs to make a silent leaf blower.

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2013, 2:51 am

Gazelle wrote:
Leaf blowers are obnoxious & someone needs to make a silent leaf blower.

They have! :-SILENT LEAF BLOWER LINK

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2013, 2:53 pm

I don't particularly like the sound of them so for me to avoid the sound of them is to go out for the day and that usual solves the answers.

Inappropriate
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 May 2013, 3:50 am

I dont like em. But I can do the job when it needs to be done. But I usually try to be fast coz it s too loud. But that s really not an Apsie thing. It s annoying noise. Nobody likes noise.

MasterGamer
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 May 2013, 8:56 pm

Yeah, I find the noise vacuum cleaners make obnoxious too. :/ I don't tell people though, because then they'll give me weird looks. >.<

schizoid26
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 May 2013, 10:07 pm

We have a central vac, so the noise is in the garage! I do miss that vacuum smell, though, kind of smells like corn.

elsing
Raven
Raven

18 May 2013, 2:12 pm

Using the vacuum is my favourite chore

TheRedPedant93
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 May 2013, 5:27 pm

Always hated them, obnoxiously noisy machines; nevertheless, it doesn't refrain me from using them as a chore. I don't mind lawn mowers one bit though, quite like them.

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2013, 5:34 pm

Apart from the seizures (I don't have epilepsy) your description sounds like pretty much how I'd react. Which is why my parents make me leave the house before they vacuum.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2013, 7:18 pm

Hate the sound. But you gotta clean your house.

loner1984
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2013, 8:52 pm

I have headset thingy, noise blocker.

Damn noise of that thing uses my mental energy.

Imagine if someone could invent a vacuum cleaner that wasnt so noisy or not noisy at all.