Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

What have you thought about your siblings?
Brother 20%  20%  [ 9 ]
Sister 22%  22%  [ 10 ]
Brothers 9%  9%  [ 4 ]
Sisters 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
Both 20%  20%  [ 9 ]
Only child 26%  26%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 46

PhilosophicTurtle
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 May 2013, 6:35 pm

What do you think about your siblings?

My Brother: Your average NT guy in every way. He screams at me just to torture me and he gets mad for befriending his friends because they're just as nerdy as me.

My sister: more or less NT. I always looked up to her because she always watched over me. She helped me make a few friends and even meet my girlfriend. I love her and I still love her to pieces.

Only 1 1/2 more weeks of school and procrastination.

revolutionarygirl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 May 2013, 6:38 pm

I have two NT brothers. Both are shy, and perhaps my eldest bro has autistic tendencies, but their mannerisms and social interactions are very NT.

Si_82
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2013, 7:24 pm

I have 2 younger siblings. My sister is NT and my brother is diagnosed BPD with quite a few aspie-ish traits.

Alexithymia: 137

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2013, 7:26 pm

PhilisophicTurtle, your avatar is so lovely! :D

I'm an only child.
Always wanted a sister.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2013, 7:41 pm

I have an NT brother and two NT step-sisters. All are older than I am, so that makes me the youngest. However, out of the three, my brother may have some Aspie traits. Other than that, all are NT.

Dragoness
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 May 2013, 7:54 pm

I have one older sister who is autistic, like me. However, she's lower functioning than I am, and she tries to boss me around a lot, and I personally find her very annoying.

dinetahrisingsun
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 May 2013, 8:41 pm

NT brother, but we have a kind of connection with what we value and what we find humorous, he's very pragmatic. I would classify him as BAP.(broad autism phenotype.) Which is not unusual for some family members of an aspie to be.

Marybird
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2013, 8:49 pm

I have a brother who is rather aloof, collected swords, hunted animals and practiced taxidermy as a child. Another brother has a lot of facial ticks and always had a macho attitude. A third brother is mean and likes to mock people. They don't bother with me too much because they think there is something wrong with me. I was the only girl and It was always them against me.

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2013, 3:00 am

I have an ADHD dyslexic sister who's five years younger than me. She's highly energetic and very outgoing, my antithesis in pretty much every way. We used to hate each other, but as we've gotten older we've started getting on better, but she still wears me out easily, and she doesn't really understand the negative part of my AS very well (she has no patience for my special interests and thinks the "trivial" things that cause my borderline-meltdowns are tiny and I should just get over them.) I used to have two NT step-sisters as well before my mother got divorced a second time; one of them, the same age as my biological sister, was a lot lower-energy and we got along very well throughout our childhoods.

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!

AnniPierrot
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 May 2013, 6:14 am

I have this love-hate relationship with my older brother.
He's 1y7m older.
He's always been a bully and also he tried to rape me once.
He still sexually abuses me in a verbal way.
But because we have similar world views from experiencing both Western and Eastern culture at a young age we're closer to each other than we are to our parents.
He has chronic depression and dropped out of university last week.
My parents are driving him crazy and I'm the only person who doesn't annoy him in the family.
We generally get on well unless he starts being vulgar.

Crazy parents produce crazy children.
No one in our family's normal.
Aspergers father and batshit crazy mother --->Chronically depressed criminal son and Aspergers psycho daughter.

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2013, 6:33 am

I have a twin-sister, she's dx'd with bipolar. We don't get along with each other very well. Her way of thinking largely differs from mine. She's outgoing, narcissistic (makes disdainful comments on people), prefers outer value to inner value (wants to live in a detached-house as a minimum and have nice pricey car put under her ass just to show off), thinks she's weak therefore her boyfriend and pretty much everybody else in the family is supposed to support her financially, her favorite characters are typically wise criminals like dr. Hannibal Lecter. When manic, she is simply unbearable. I guess she lacks a proper sense of values. Under medication, she's bearable, but she'll divulge anything despite your explicit telling when in company.

So, shame on me, I'd do anything to keep her under control. And that's relatively new, I was blind so long.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2013, 6:52 am

I have three sisters. I'm the only boy.

One of them doesn't seem autistic and is quite outgoing. One is a bit similar to me in that she's not socially comfortable. The other one is rather outgoing but could be seen as a bit eccentric/odd.

Nowadays we get along well. My living overseas also makes me realize how good it is to spend time with them when I visit my family for holiday. When I'm there, I enjoy going shopping, going to cafes etc with them. It's so much fun. Sometimes I feel a bit left out/behind though, because I've been living overseas for so long that I'm kind of out of touch with what's going on in their lives.

Last edited by jk1 on 11 May 2013, 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

BlackSabre7
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2013, 7:17 am

Well I have 2 of each. I am the eldest. The youngest brother has an intensity like Tom Cruise and a talent for going for the jugular when he wants to, but that was when he was young. As teens, we had our share of fights and dramas. Nothing serious - no drug problems, no criminal behaviour, nothing else really bad.

We are all mellow now, in our mid 30's-mid 40's, good, hardworking, honest, level headed. When we get together for parties, they are the best. Lots of laughs. Even I often have fun. I am the biggest problem in the family, if someone has to be nominated. Not that any of us are perfect, or anything.

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2013, 7:31 am

Nevertheless, I love my sister.

chlov
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2013, 8:03 am

I have only a brother who has severe autism.

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2013, 12:22 pm

I'm an only child and as far as my non-existant siblings go, I always thought that it's awesome that there aren't any. I'm happy to have grown up as an only child.

I'm always surprised at autistic children who have one or more siblings around their age manage the overstimulation of there being so many people around them 24/7.

I am and only child and my mom's a single-parent and living with "just" one other person has always been extremely stressful (social, routines) and overloading (sensory-wise) for me.

I love being around people because they're interesting and truly (intellectually?) stimulating but it's really exhausting for a prolonged period because of how difficult communicating can be and because my sensory processing fails to cope with the insane amount of input.