are you not living up to obligations?

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Learning2Survive
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2009, 10:33 pm

are you not doing homework, late to job, not job searching, not cleaning your home, not doing laundry, or not fulfilling your obligations in any other way?

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2009, 11:00 pm

Learning2Survive wrote:
are you not doing homework, late to job, not job searching, not cleaning your home, not doing laundry, or not fulfilling your obligations in any other way?

*I never did homework
*I'm not late to work, because I have a routine; I was always late to school and classes though (because I hated it)
*I looked for work
*I have to clean my room because excess clutter sends me into overload (visual processing disorder); I vacuum it when the dust starts making me sneeze
*I wash my clothes; I like cleanliness
*I can't prepare food, barring the most basic of meals (pouring milk on cereal or opening tins)
*I don't pay attention to my physical appearance, other than making sure I'm clean (shower daily, and I also shave my face regularly, but that's because I can't handle the sensation of hair on my face)
*I don't clean my teeth regularly, as it's usually too much by the end of the day; I just gargle mouthwash most nights
*I look after the dog

I'm not too bad, really.

whitetiger
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2009, 11:12 pm

I am barely living up to obligations right now, with much procrastination. I've been playing video games all day long.

http://www.youtube.com/user/whitetigerdream

Don't take life so seriously. It isn't permanent!

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2009, 11:23 pm

No homework to do, I've graduated!

I stay up at odd hours and probably could not keep to a regular schedule, but I can meet deadlines.

Not job searching, but someone is supporting me. I don't know how to approach anyone, but I am working through another person to get some search experience.

Not cleaning my home, I may not wash the dishes if I don't have time before I go to MIT.

Laundry is done.

Obligations? Obligations to what, whom?

But a dog knows his boy can go wrong

ForsakenEagle
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Mar 2009, 11:40 pm

I have big projects in my com and business classes. I can't afford to procrastinate atm. :cry:

garyww
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2009, 11:42 pm

Nobody is 'obligated' to do anything in life. Thinking differently is a sure sign of brainwashing somewhere along the line.

pensieve
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2009, 11:44 pm

I don't work. I'm not looking for work because I think my town has nothing to offer me.
I can only cook a few meals.
Sometimes I can be really clean and get a lot of chores done, but other times (like now) the mess piles up and I can't bring myself to even pick a few things off the floor of my bedroom.

cman_yall
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Mar 2009, 11:50 pm

I get to work on time, obsessively almost. Housework, though, I don't really notice that anything needs doing, so I guess I don't meet my obligations there - unless one of the flatmates b*****s at me about it, in which case I would probably do something. Looking after my cat, I do ok, though I might be a bit slow when it comes to noticing that he's not well. I can't think of any other obligations I have.

AlMightyAl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Mar 2009, 11:51 pm

Learning2Survive wrote:

Thanks for reminding me, I have homework to do!

LeonKrahe
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 Mar 2009, 2:31 am

Learning2Survive wrote:

-No homework to do, out of school/college... but I pretty much never did any when I did have it. I never found it helpful in learning, it was just busywork to me.
-When I still had a job, I was almost always on time. I can't stand to be late ever.
-I'm not job searching... not so much because I don't want & need one, but I have a crippling fear of the whole interview process, being under the microscope of a person who gets to have such influence over my life... and then to get a job, I fear feeling guilty over taking that job from someone who might have a family they need to support. But mostly it's because my parents trying to dictate conditions as to which jobs I am to look for.
-I clean when I'm asked to, that's it. My room's a mess.
-Sometimes I'll do laundry when I really feel the need to be useful.