Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

15 May 2013, 2:55 am

RITALIN is a central nervous system stimulant prescription medicine. It is used for the treatment of Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). RITALIN may help increase attention and decrease impulsiveness and hyperactivity in patients with ADHD.
RITALIN should be used as a part of a total treatment program for ADHD that may include counseling or other therapies.
RITALIN is also used in the treatment of a sleep disorder called narcolepsy.
RITALIN is a federally controlled substance (CII) because it can be abused or lead to dependence. Keep RITALIN in a safe place to prevent misuse and abuse. Selling or giving away RITALIN may harm others, and is against the law.
Tell your doctor if you or your child have (or have a family history of) ever abused or been dependent on alcohol, prescription medicines or street drugs.

General information about RITALIN
Medicines are sometimes prescribed for purposes other than those listed in a Medication Guide. Do not use RITALIN for a condition for which it was not prescribed. Do not give RITALIN to other people, even if they have the same condition. It may harm them and it is against the law.
This Medication Guide summarizes the most important information about RITALIN. If you would like more information, talk with your doctor. You can ask your doctor or pharmacist for information about RITALIN that was written for healthcare professionals. For more information about RITALIN...

boywonder
Raven
Raven

15 May 2013, 3:01 am

I've seen people on ritalin and concerta and another one

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2013, 3:16 am

Speeeeeeeed

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2013, 3:19 am

boywonder wrote:
I've seen people on ritalin and concerta and another one

From the information I've seen on other boards, it is a different form the the street drug known as "speed." I can't for the life of me understand why they use this on kids to treat inattentiveness, since this drug will cause more problems than it cures down the road. We should not be drugging our youth for "normal" childhood behavior.

I saw a sign outside a karate studio here in my neck of the woods that said "Stop blaming teachers and start parenting." Why a parent would allow their kids to take psychotropic drugs that do more harm than good is beyond me!

Chris71
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 May 2013, 4:14 am

Was there any particular trigger, or response, which made the user do a copy & paste from fda.gov onto WrongPlanet.net ? Without any opening line, or closing question to the users?

Was it in response to a question from an earlier thread?
It seems slightly odd for a thread to appear with an opening post, which is merely a pasted extract from another source, but with no question around it, or specific request for us to comment. It's not a criticism of the person who posted this, I just don't know what you are looking for in response to this posting.
Did you want to add a question to that text, such as "have you guys used this, what are your experiences, etc..", that gives this thread some sense of purpose. At the moment I don't know what you are looking for as a response?