Can you sue your parents for having a disability?

Page 4 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Klowglas
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2014, 4:09 pm

You would be better off suing your parents for bringing you into this terrible world. In fact, we should sue humanity for being ruthless jerks.

Thanks for bringing me into your world of suffering and strife, humans, much appreciated. Oh! and you also gave me a mental disorder, too? How thoughtful!

KB8CWB
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2014, 4:13 pm

ImmenseLoad wrote:
Is there anyone who know's a lot about legal stuff who can answer my question? I want to know if it's possible to sue your parents if you have autism or any other disability?

This is just a simple yes or no answer with an explanation tied to it. This is not a discussion on the morality of doing this to your parents. If you do not know the answer to my question then please do not post on this thread.

Are you like for real? I am glad it isn't a discussion of morality because this is amoral as it gets. Find a good doctor and get some serious treatment for depression. It sounds like you are suffering an extreme case and it is seriously affecting your thought processes.

Since you haven't come back and responded to this thread posted on the 20th, I have to assume this is a classic case of trolling. Nothing else makes much sense to me and I find this idea HIGHLY offensive. :evil: Wasting the resources of the forum members on some idiotic trolling. -smh-

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2014, 6:36 pm

I read about cases from my country - people suing parents for their not having aborted them after it turned out that the fetus showed abnormalities and later on, the people were born disabled and about one guy whose parents didn't give him basically anything, even though they weren't poor - even medical help access when the boy was ill (the health problems were caused by demonic possession according to his parents and anyway, when you go to a doctor, "you have to wash your hair and the like and you know that water isn't for free, son, you know") but it's not this case.

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2014, 6:42 pm

....wat

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

tall-p
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2014, 6:53 pm

KB8CWB wrote:
Since you haven't come back and responded to this thread posted on the 20th, I have to assume this is a classic case of trolling. Nothing else makes much sense to me and I find this idea HIGHLY offensive. :evil: Wasting the resources of the forum members on some idiotic trolling. -smh-

Of course this is trolling. It's hateful. The OP is saying that parents should be liable for autistic children.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2014, 7:04 pm

Here's an idea: let's let this thread die, and then Nobody do the necromancy thing, and then no one will have to be irritated by how absurd the OP is again!

What are the odds that that could actually happen? :?:

Drifter
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 Jun 2014, 8:13 pm

I sense the cold dead hand of a necroposter. ;)

leniorose
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Jun 2014, 3:58 pm

Immenseload: your question is a bit confusing.

Are you trying to sue your parents because they have autism/AS? Did this cause you any harm?
are you trying to sue them because you have autism/AS? Did they do something to make it worse?

In either case, there is nothing to stop you from filing a lawsuit, but I doubt you would win.

If it is the latter, then what your referring to is a "wrongful life" suit, and courts, lawyers and juries are very hesitant to take up these kind of cases, and so far, none filed have won.
If it is the former, I can almost guarantee that you will not only lose, but you will also lose face with the community you live in, and possibly suffer damages to your reputation.

If you are serious about suing your parents, I would recommend contacting a lawyer to see if this sort of thing is in any way a feasible undertaking.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2014, 4:09 pm

ImmenseLoad (is it possible even the name is trolling?) last visited WP onThursday Jun 20, 2013 at 2:17 pm.

There is no point in answering the OP of this topic.