Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

SteelBlu
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 May 2013, 9:05 am

Well, more like "always fatigue," but, I would expect that most people, after sleeping an adequate number of hours, would wake up and feel...oh, refreshed? awake? at least marginally better? I wake up, and still feel ready to keel over. I guess I'm wondering, do others feel this way, too? I feel like every day is a never-ending bout of exhaustion. I get through my day, hoping to sleep and rest, only to wake up and feel just as exhausted, but have no choice except to drag myself through the day again. I am frustrated and sad, because I think of myself as a relatively happy person. I want to have all of this energy, enjoy my life, but I just don't. I don't know if it is too much stress, exhaustion from having to be out and about and interact with people even when I don't have the willpower to do so, dealing with so many worries and stresses in every day life, without any chance to recover in my own way, that exhausts me this much. I feel shaky, body-heavy, overwhelmed. But, I have no idea how to find respite. If I can't "reboot" from sleep, what on earth can I do? If you have, or have had, this problem, what do you do?

Triple__B
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 May 2013, 9:19 am

I am dealing with the same thing. I currently am seeing 2 psychologists and a psychiatrist, and they all say I am depressed. I just started seeing the psychiatrist and he prescribed me Trazodone which is an antidepressant, anxiety, and sleeping pill all in one.

I was waking up the same way, like I hadn't slept and must of been tossing and turning. Once I started taking the trazodone (2 nights ago) I believe I am sleeping better, but I still feel groggy because of the pill. I can only sleep up to 7 hours though because of my schedule, so if you could sleep longer it might be better. Talk to your doctor and you might be able to just get sleeping meds if you are not depressed.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 29 of 200
Nothing is permanent in this wicked world. Not even our troubles. ~ Charles Chaplin

SteelBlu
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 May 2013, 9:28 am

That's another hard thing that I guess I should have specified! I am breastfeeding, so can't take most medications currently.

I do have an initial appointment at the mental health clinic here next week, though, so I will bring it up to them then.