Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

PhilosophicTurtle
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 May 2013, 3:32 pm

A dull roar jams my ears. I can't think and my vision blurs. I need to release all off my negative energy.

This can range from me, stimming in any way to smacking my head into a wall. I just do it until I calm down. Don't try to stop me or talk to me. It makes everything worse. I might hurt you. I can cry. I can scream, but it never seems to help the more I do it. Don't try to encourage me. I told you not to talk to me.

Afterwards, I'm scolded by my parents or even some security guard who was witnessing it. My teachers kind of let it go, but I generally try to avoid them. It's really embarrassing afterwards.

Only 1 1/2 more weeks of school and procrastination.

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2013, 5:06 pm

In my situations, there are the few that try to ask "what's wrong?" and they have my frustrations taken out at them. Some people come at the wrong time and end up being the victim of a meltdown. I usually isolate when I feel one coming along.

Kaelynn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 May 2013, 5:08 pm

They have ranged from running away, screaming and crying to just crying while still remaining calm/normal. It usally turns into depression afterwards.

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2013, 11:39 pm

It can take many forms... sometimes it is very sudden and loud.

Last edited by xenon13 on 28 May 2013, 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Franic
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 May 2013, 11:48 pm

mine are not as bad but i physically ball up almost and i feel so uncomfortable with myself that at times i hit myself.
i'm trying to refrain from these but it's been worse lately(trying to ween from meds).

Franic
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 May 2013, 11:51 pm

just a word of advice though i'm 15 and i have almost all control over meltdowns because i find something that i like such as this site or poetry or video games and i express myself. it's the best way to channel your emotions.

PeterHoping44
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2013, 12:02 am

I had one once over an ex. Almost went to the forth for a swim, as it was depressing. It was dragging me down. :(

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2013, 12:01 pm

My meltdowns are very verbal. I'm more like an unstable NT with anger issues having a nervous breakdown. I scream, swear, fall on to the floor, cry, and shout abuse about whoever got me into this state. I then start using the worst word of all, which is the C-word, and when I have screamed that word, I either start babbling because I want to scream an even worse word but know one does not exist, or sometimes I calm down a little bit after screaming the C-word. Even an NT once pointed out to me that she's experienced feeling more calm after screaming that word, as though it really throws up some of the anger.

I've never had one of these moments in public, though. I would never do that, even if I wanted to. I have often held it back, going all shaky and wanting to yell out inappropriate things, but I try to hold it in when out in public, and only let it out at home. I would NEVER show myself up in public. It just wouldn't do my self-esteem any good, and my self-esteem is already fragile as it is, so why dig myself an even deeper hole?

girly_aspie
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 May 2013, 1:20 pm

I feel like I'm exploding inside, like everything is going wrong, and all the problems are piling up too fast for me to deal with them. I sort of have an "and then, and then, and then ..." way of thinking, and then I just cry, yell, kick things, throw things, rock back and forth, hide ...

I usually feel better if I lay down on a cool floor for some reason, or in the dark, by myself.

AQ: 44
IQ: 167
Aspie Quiz Result: 185/200
NT result: 22/200
BAP: 132 aloof, 108 rigid and 121 pragmatic

Franic
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 May 2013, 1:22 pm

Mine are the same as girl_aspie's.

girly_aspie
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 May 2013, 1:30 pm

Franic wrote:
Mine are the same as girl_aspie's.

Meltdown high five! 8)

I've described my state of mind just before a meltdown as being like a game of Tetris at that moment when you realize there is no way you can find homes for all the blocks before they pile up and hit the top of the screen.

AQ: 44
IQ: 167
Aspie Quiz Result: 185/200
NT result: 22/200
BAP: 132 aloof, 108 rigid and 121 pragmatic

Franic
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 May 2013, 2:36 pm

Same here u know it's coming but you can't prepare